Mothering Forum banner

Not sure how to tell my husband I'm pregnant

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  PitBullMom 
#1 ·
Hi,

This is my first pregnancy.

My husband and I both love children very much!

The thing is we just recently changed our city (Had to move since he got a new job here). He is spending most of the day in office (comes home only after 9 - 9:30 pm) - his new job is very challenging.
I am trying my very best to support him.

Currently I don't have a job.
I am pregnant now. Just found out 2 days back using a pregnancy home test. Didn't have any doc app yet.

I don't know how to tell my husband I am pregnant. We recently talked about starting having kids and he told me he thinks we are not financially ready for a baby (to which I agree in part). We moved - we spent lots of money and it happened soo short after he started his new job!
What to do?

I want to give him the news in a special way and video record his reaction. So anxious!

How did you inform your partner about your pregnancy? I need some ideas....

By the way - he is super fun guy, greatly passionate about Music (I wish I can incorporate the music element to the surprise)

Anyway.... any ideas/suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thank you :smile:

See less See more
#3 ·
I never did a surprise/big reveal for DH in either pregnancy. I know some gals do and sometimes it's really sweet! But I feel like this is equally his news as my news, so he knows what I know as soon as I know it. :)

#4 ·
I couldn't hold off telling my DH, either, but I did get to surprise him twice. The first, I was out of town on business when I found out, so I bought him a "How to be a father" type book & a pair of booties to give him as a gift when I got home. That one was kinda like yours- we weren't quite ready to try yet, but had talked about it. He was thrilled. The next one wasn't a surprise, as he was home when I took the test (and it was on purpose). The third, we thought we weren't pregnant (I'd tested BFN 2 days before), and this last one, I surprised him by putting the stick in his napkin (it was in a baggie) when we went out to dinner, along with a note. I got that one on video, telling him I was checking my Facebook & to put his napkin in his lap. It worked like a charm. :)

All that said, I tend to agree with the other ladies. You don't need to surprise him in some big fashion- just tell him. If you're set on it, though, you could get pink & blue balloons to greet him when he comes in the door at home. Or just look on Pinterest.

#5 ·
1) left the test on the table and told him we needed to leave so don't take his shoes off. He noticed the test before we walked back out the door.

2) camping so I just told him

3) he was away for work and I was out of town visiting family so I just waited till we got home and told him he had another family member to meet and handed him the test.

I agree not to make a big production. It's a BABY!!!! A new person and it's exciting!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.