Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am looking for advice/reassurance, thoughts and prayers.
On tues I went in for an 8 week checkup. The doc I saw did a pap, internal etc, and said everything looked fine, although she told me that i have a tilted uterus which I did not know. My DH wanted to hear the HB, so she set us up for a vaginal U/S, which a 2nd doc came in and did. He did not see an 8 week baby, just a yolk sac measuring 6.4 days and a fetal pole measuring 6.1 days. He was not optimistic, but said to see how my hormone levels looked and to come back next week for a follow up. I am sure that I am not 6 weeks preg. I could poss be 7, but I believe 8 is more likely. It was a rough month when we concieved with me being sick for a week and DD being sick for a week... so it is poss. that my cycle was off a bit. I could not have gotten a +ve test though if I was only 6 weeks along.
Anyway... my hormones the next day were inconclusive. I dont' have any prev numbers to compare them to, but at 24,210, my Hcg levels were 'ok' for being 6-7 weeks along, so they didnt see 'too' much of a prob with that. My progesterone levels however were really low - 8.4
They put me on progesterone supplements, though I dont know if there is much point. My symptoms had really decreased in the previous week, which would well correlate with a drop in hormone levels. I am scheduled next Weds for a follow up U/S.
I know there are a few positive stories out there that I should hold up a little hope, but I am not expecting good news next week - if I even make it to next week

Any support/advice would be greatly appreciated.
:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I was just reading this morning that babies develop differently, at different rates, and I have a good feeling about you and your baby. Anything is possible, it is entirely possible that your dates are off, positive hpt timing and all.

The best thing you can do is take care of yourself and hope for the best. I will keep you in my thoughts and send positive energy your way.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
First
s

When do you go for your next beta level? It is generally thought (though I'm not really sure anyone knows what the heck they're really talking about) that progesterone supplements need to be started soon after ovulation. I hope things work out for you. I know that's it's really rough.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Your post makes me teary. I am praying for you and your baby. Try not to worry. It always helps me when I let go and know that things are meant to be the way they happen. I very much hope you stay with us.

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I'm so sorry you are going though this. I agree with Be, get a second beta done and see what the levels are doing. Ideally you would have them drawn 48 hours apart. I think that will give you the clearest picture and it's cheaper and less invasive that u/s too. Sending you good vibes.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
really hoping that all turns out ok!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Sorry, mama, it looks like you and I are in the same boat. Went in at 7 w 4d, and showed empty sac with yolk sac, measuring 6w6d, no HB. Progesterone was 7.4, and the doc has not even called me back (since Wed) to tell me what my other levels were.

I'm in a holding pattern until Tuesday for follow-up U/S. I also not holding out much hope for this one.

to you. Keep us posted. I'm hoping the best for us both, even if the best outcome isn't exactly the one we hoped for.

Hugs,
Juci

1 - 19 of 19 Posts