Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
There has got to be something natural I can do to help my poor saggy breasts regain some firmness.
In the last month or so, my 33 month old has nursed much less (he even asked, "Where's the milk?") and my breasts are so deflated.
The texture of the breast tissue feels like the "waddle" on your upper arm.
The skin is loose too. If I lay on my back and push the skin forward toward my nipple, it looks like a Sharpei puppy
:
My nipples are either erect most of the time or the tips droop south.
Yikes.
I am proud of these saggy breasts in that they nourished my son all of this time. I am damn proud of what my body has accomplished
But....
Well, does anyone have advice about what I can do help things perk up a bit?
What about that herbal Bloussant stuff? A topical cream (wild yam or something?)? Vitamin C cream?
Any advice would be helpful.

Mel.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I couldn't tell you from personal experience since the only time I haven't been breastfeeding in the last twelve years, I have been pregnant, but... I have heard that ones breasts will fill back in to a certain extent (I can't imagine that they will ever be in pre-baby shape) after weaning and that it will take 9 months to a year.

In the meantime I have found that a good push up bra can do wonders!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know...perhaps my breasts would have sagged regardless of nursing.
I've heard that the pregnancy takes it's toll more than nursing.
BUT....
I know for a fact that nursing all this time surely has something to do with my nipple issues and it certainly had to have some affect on my breasts
I would NEVER take back nursing my son. If I have other children, they too will nurse and wean naturally.

I guess I'm being a bit vain but I just wish they wouldn't sag this way.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I just wanted to add that my friend and I had this discussion just today! She weaned a year ago, and her breasts that were saggy and empty looking are now fuller, she has had to buy new bras! And she is a size 4, not a lot of extra on this lady. So her experiences seem to be similar to what 3girls1boy described. HTH!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not big either...
I'm 5'5" and 116 lbs. My breasts were a size 34D before and now...well the 34D's still fit but...well...not the same way.
When I'm not holding my shoulders back, the top part of my bra is empty...the bra barely touches the tops of my breasts anymore.
My boobs are always sunken to the bottom of the bra.
When I wear a sports bra to the gym, I look flat-chested.
That's how saggy the breast tissue is now.

How about herbal help? Wild Yam as a supplement? Saw Palmetto?

It makes me hopeful that a little time may help ; )

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
i just saw this specail on A&E about breasts, and while they certainly did NOT tlak much about breastFEEDING
i just thought i would put out there the possiblity of wearing push up bras and padded stuff. it is somehthing i never thought i would ever consider. i was 34 B before baby, now something like a 34C but still nursing whilst slowly sagging....

i got some very slightly padded bras and LOVE them. i got the padding primarily cuz i have big nipples and was sick of being so nipply, but also to stave off leaks cuz i am finally leaking less, and am sick of dealing with nursing pads. but the added bonus is the padding looks very natural and fills my breasts out where they are "no more" and i dont feel so bad in a tank top or whatever.

on the Breast show, they showed all these big boobed women on the beach that secretly used pading and fake boob inserts that bounce and move like real breasts. i dont know if ill go so far ever to get the fake boobs, but i just realised that i really wouldnt mind getting a wonderbra for certain outfits. nothing extreme, but just to make me look a little rounder and better.

this post is longer than i intended, but i think you should give something like that a try, like a nice bra. i know its not the same as having actual nice shape, but at least in public you can feel "prettier" i guess.

i have a sharpei stomach so i feel your pain. i wish there were a way for me to hide THAT thing!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3girls1boy
I have heard that ones breasts will fill back in to a certain extent after weaning and that it will take 9 months to a year.
I am buoyed with hope at this prospect!

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by beccaboo
I am buoyed with hope at this prospect!

:LOL

I want my boobs to sag. I want to be able to nurse my last baby while I carry him/her on my back!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know exactly what types of bras you are talking about...."molded" bras and slighly padded bras and I will wear nothing but those things because I almost always look like I have THO's
and don't want everyone in the world to see my erect nipples
I am more concerned about the appearance of my breasts without my clothing on but I realize that I will need to come to terms, love and accept this body with it's changes. I am proud that this body grew and nurtured (still nurtures) my son (who is hanging on me at this moment trying to get my breast out of my shirt and into his mouth...okay, he got it!).
Ravin, you're right...nursing a baby on your back sounds efficient. I think I should do some cross-cultural reading regarding the perceptions of breasts in other cultures. I think that it may put things into perspective for me.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I'm sooooo right there with you!

I will not lie on my back for any reason if I can help it, because of the way my boobs sag, and end up under my armpits!! I'm even to the point of being too embarassed to let my husband see them
:
I know I've read that you can enhance your natural shape and fullness by using herbs,(like fenugreek tea)*but* please read up on this before you start anything, as they may have unwanted side effects, such as increasing milk supply (which is ok as long as your little one is nursing often enough for you not to become engorged).
If you can find the time to do bust exercises, you can build up the underlying tissue and muscles, which may help with the firmness. You can also talk to the beauty advisor at your local department store about creams that may help with restoring the elasticity of the skin, although I don't out a lot of hope in those.
Just know you're definately not alone!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts