Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
There has got to be something natural I can do to help my poor saggy breasts regain some firmness.
In the last month or so, my 33 month old has nursed much less (he even asked, "Where's the milk?") and my breasts are so deflated.
The texture of the breast tissue feels like the "waddle" on your upper arm.
The skin is loose too. If I lay on my back and push the skin forward toward my nipple, it looks like a Sharpei puppy
:
My nipples are either erect most of the time or the tips droop south.
Yikes.
I am proud of these saggy breasts in that they nourished my son all of this time. I am damn proud of what my body has accomplished
But....
Well, does anyone have advice about what I can do help things perk up a bit?
What about that herbal Bloussant stuff? A topical cream (wild yam or something?)? Vitamin C cream?
Any advice would be helpful.

Mel.

· Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know...perhaps my breasts would have sagged regardless of nursing.
I've heard that the pregnancy takes it's toll more than nursing.
BUT....
I know for a fact that nursing all this time surely has something to do with my nipple issues and it certainly had to have some affect on my breasts
I would NEVER take back nursing my son. If I have other children, they too will nurse and wean naturally.

I guess I'm being a bit vain but I just wish they wouldn't sag this way.

· Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not big either...
I'm 5'5" and 116 lbs. My breasts were a size 34D before and now...well the 34D's still fit but...well...not the same way.
When I'm not holding my shoulders back, the top part of my bra is empty...the bra barely touches the tops of my breasts anymore.
My boobs are always sunken to the bottom of the bra.
When I wear a sports bra to the gym, I look flat-chested.
That's how saggy the breast tissue is now.

How about herbal help? Wild Yam as a supplement? Saw Palmetto?

It makes me hopeful that a little time may help ; )

· Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know exactly what types of bras you are talking about...."molded" bras and slighly padded bras and I will wear nothing but those things because I almost always look like I have THO's
and don't want everyone in the world to see my erect nipples
I am more concerned about the appearance of my breasts without my clothing on but I realize that I will need to come to terms, love and accept this body with it's changes. I am proud that this body grew and nurtured (still nurtures) my son (who is hanging on me at this moment trying to get my breast out of my shirt and into his mouth...okay, he got it!).
Ravin, you're right...nursing a baby on your back sounds efficient. I think I should do some cross-cultural reading regarding the perceptions of breasts in other cultures. I think that it may put things into perspective for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.