Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey mama's,

I am not sure if this belongs here or in parenting, but I will try here.

I am wondering about color blindness. Ds is only 2 so I ma not sure if you can even figure it out at such a young age. But Ds knows much more than most his age but colors confuse him. I can show him something yellow and tell him it is yellow he will point and repeat it then I show him something else that is yellow ask him what color and with all the confidance in the world tell me it is brown or green or blue I say no yellow he says ohh I will show him another thing yellow and it will happen again over and over again the same happens with any color I show him. Again I do not know if it is his age but I can do the same with letters numbers or shapes and he will know what the number shape or letter (he may not remember the next day but at that point in time he knows what it is) That is the reasom my mother my sister and myself were wondering if maybe he could be colorblind. Does anyone know anything about colorblindness??

Thanks so much mama's

· Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkmommie
I don't know if this will help or not but my ds is 3.5 and does the exact same thing! I also think that colorblindness is predominantly hereditary. But I could be totally wrong on that one!

That does help a little. But I think an uncle on my fathers side has (I am not to sure though I donot talk to my father) I also do not know about X's family and he also knows VERY LITTLE of his family.

Thank you for your reply

· Registered
1,231 Posts
Ds does the same thing and he's four. Not much help since I question it myself. If you do a google search for colorblindness and charts there are some "dot" charts that have say a punch of red dots with picture made of blue dots in the middle. If they can see the picture then they are probably not color blind but if they don't they may be. Ds doesn't see them but I'm still not sure. HTH.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.