Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kids start sleeping in their own beds. Then, sometime, in the middle of the night, they are in ours. No biggie, whatever. But this does not allow me use a body pillow.....seriously, we are all very squished.

My dude's not even pregnant, and he's getting crabby at the fact that he's pushed against a cold wall, allll niiiight loooong. Poor guy.

So, it's cool, if I don't use the any support pillows, right?

It's not like a "must", right?

·
Registered
857 Posts
I don't use body pillows. I move around in my sleep far too much to keep a pillow in place all night. There's no way I'm going to stop to readjust a pillow every time I scoot or turn over.
They're definitely not a requirement.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Definitely not a requirement, but if you find your hips/back hurting a lot in the mornings, then try adding a firm pillow between your thighs. It won't take up much/any space, and it just helps even out your pelvis so that one side isn't skewed all night. Otherwise, if you are sleeping fine and your hips don't hurt, then

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivymae View Post
Definitely not a requirement, but if you find your hips/back hurting a lot in the mornings, then try adding a firm pillow between your thighs. It won't take up much/any space, and it just helps even out your pelvis so that one side isn't skewed all night. Otherwise, if you are sleeping fine and your hips don't hurt, then

I don't have a body pillow but I do sleep with a small hardish pillow between my knees. It's awesome for my hips.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
I don't use any support pillows.
I do flip often though.

I also have a hot water bottle - that is filled up a bit but not hot. If I feel I need anything, I tuck this under bump. Its small and out of the way and you can sleep on it and not really 'feel' it - but it can give a bit of support to bump if needed. An idea? Its working fine for me! hehe

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I cosleep & don't use any support pillows either. The one night I did I felt better but kept waking up thinking I was sleeping on my clingy 2 yr old!

·
Registered
668 Posts
I also don't use anything bc i move around so much. My MW did look at me like i was crazy when i told her this, though, so good to know i'm not the only one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.