Mothering Forum banner

Nov '05 mamas, it's May!!!

5K views 173 replies 20 participants last post by  *Amy* 
#1 ·
New thread!

Here's the old one.

#2 ·
Yay new thread! Yay Spring! Yay May!

I never officially offered my condolences to you Helen. I was sooooooooooooo bummed to read about your pregnancy loss. I was so bummed to read about it that I couldn't even post until I thought of the perfect words to say to you, but they never came. So all I can say is that I'm really sorry AF came!
:
:
:
I am happy to see you are staying cheerful. I do hope that sticky pregnancy comes for you guys very soon.

I've been calling Xeowyn my Grumpy Barnacle, because that's what he is! He has days sometimes when he is just suctioned to me, even when I pee like you guys were saying. And many days I swear he wants to be on my boob EVery. FreaKing. SecOnd. Booby barnacle!! That's what he is. Where's the booby barnacle smiley??

I'm 6 weeks pg, & have been sooooo sleepy.
Ya gotta love that 1st trimester exhaustion! Or not... Thankfully Xeowyn is still a pretty good napper. We take some nice long naps together.

And that's about all I have to say lately. That I'm sleepy all the time! How fascinating, 'eh?

#3 ·
I have an 18 month old! Happy May Day!

We were at the coffee shop after our run this morning, and this woman (who obviously has some mental health issues) was griping about Neela making noise, that squealing isn't cute and world overpopulation blah, blah. Another woman who overhead the rant came over to us and wished our family a happy may day.

My garden is sprouting beautifully and life is looking good. I did five loads of laundry yesterday and fell like maybe, just maybe, I could get my household mess under control. This weekend will be the second time since January that I have the weekend off without family from out of town visiting or me or Neela being sick (or both!). I'm so thrilled I don't know what we'll do!

#4 ·
Happy Beltane! The may blossom outside our front door came out today, as well...
For the neo-pagans amongst us, I went to a beltane rite at Avebury this weekend with the local druid circles (all of them.) I didn't take part, just watched, but it was inspiring. That's definitely something I need to explore further.
Zjande, don't fret. I honestly believe that it was a false positive, though I'm concerned because my temps are so high- also, there was a duff batch of clearblue digital over here recently, apparently, so I could have had one of those. Right now I'm in a genuinely happy place where I can be wildly excited for everyone I know who is pregnant knowing that at some point, that's probably going to be me too. I also have a gorgeous adorable little munchkin who grows in grace and beauty every day and is just totally wildly amazing. (she does action songs! Look, see, actions! Nobody's ever done that before, have they!!!!!) so yeah, I'm blessed. Plus I get to shag my husband silly whilst we're trying, of course
To be honest, I think I'm way more excited about your bfp
- nuts, isn't it? Promise not to desert us though?

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
I also have a gorgeous adorable little munchkin who grows in grace and beauty every day and is just totally wildly amazing. (she does action songs! Look, see, actions! Nobody's ever done that before, have they!!!!!)
Hee! Rowan does action songs too - she LOVES "The Wheels on the Bus" with all the actions - she does them along with the song and we've discovered that at least half of the time when she hollers "BUS!!!" randomly it's not because of an actual bus, it's because she wants us to sing "Wheels on the Bus"

Also I meant to post a few days ago about Rowan's amazing singing ability - the other night after she nursed she wasn't quite asleep so she lay in my lap and *sang HERSELF* lullabies - mostly "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" - WITH a few actual words AND on key! (And with the actions, of course.) Then she peacefully dropped off to sleep.

(And Helen, I'm starting to explore my latent neo-paganism, too... I just posted a "hello" in the Pagan Mamas thread over in spirituality - come join, so I'm not the only newb
I'm jealous of your druidic meetings, I don't know of any groups around here although I'm sure there must be some, it's that kind of town...)

#7 ·
Well, spughy, you know what you need to do, don't you? Come move to sunny Wiltshire and take your pick of ancient druidic temples
It's a good point about the pagans thread, especially with today only being the 2nd of the month- I normally have a hard time keeping up with them.

#8 ·
And another of the transatlantic culture questions- do you lovely ladies have maypoles over there? If so, do you dance around them?- cos we do, and did, and it was great fun

#9 ·
we used to do a mayday celebration at the waldorf school where we would dance the maypole. im not sure that it is a very deep tradition here in north america.

im sick
: it sucks because i had to get up at 6am anyways and now i just feel like hell. i asked my daycare kiddos dad if he could arrange a playdate for her after school and he seemed so offended. this is the 1st day that i have ever said that i coulnt do a full days work in 8 months. give me a friggin break. im a slave labour daycare momma. guilt is not what i need.
:

anyways,

ngaio has almost slept through the night 3 nights in a row.. just nursing for seconds then going back to sleep. i have had super bad insomnia though, so getting more sleep isnt happening. i dont know whats wrong with me these days.

sorry for the blah post

#10 ·
Fern. You deserve a day off. Several, in fact
Once you move you won't have the daycare kids anyway will you?

Helen, I know OF maypoles but I'm unaware of any here. I need to get in touch with more actual pagans who are local and do things. I know one Wiccan (wife of a former coworker) - she's in Sooke though which is an hour drive from here... but I think I will e-mail her today anyway and ask her about stuff. Kind of missed the boat on any Beltane celebrations I think, plus the weather was crappy here - overcast and windy, not even any nice Beltane rain!

I feel very bleh today. There must be some bleh energy going around. Where is everyone else? SoulJourney, Amy, Kavita, DiD, barcelona...?

#11 ·
Hello mamas~!

My dd is a Nov 05 baby too, but I usually only post at the beginning of the threads b/c it gets so overwhelming after a few pages

Life is good at our house, I have baby fever (reading about bfp's doesnt help! LOL!) but trying to get over it. Amira has been loving the outdoors lately. She wants to be outside all day. Its been great! I have been stuck in a bit of a mommy-rut, feeling negatively about myself lately, but it too shall pass

Dd has a runny nose/cold right now, but otherwise we have all been pretty healthy too!

#12 ·
I'm here, also having a bleh day so far. Should start AF any minute, but I've been feeling like that since Sunday or so, and so far nada. (No, I'm not pregnant. Or if I am, it will be a miracle of the immaculate conception variety! It's been a busy and exhausting month . . . .)

I am super tired, I was up till five am sorting through some papers. It was really crazy, we had a million fax copies of contracts and addendums and reports between us and our buyer, and now us and our seller, as well as a ton of other general information, mixed in with receipts, junk mail, repair receipts, magazines, title paperwork, take out menus, business cards and information to leave for our buyer, mail that needed to be dealt with, various papers with notes and scribbles and phone numbers. I am usually pretty organized, but I realized that with all the real estate and moving transactions, the situation had sort of outgrown my organizing systems. Anyway, it took me several hours while Ella was sleeping, but I did a ton or sorting and organizing and I finally feel like my head is on straight now! It was getting really chaotic, I just snapped yesterday because I was looking for the plumbers' business card and I couldn't find it, and ended up searching through all kinds of crap and by the time I found it it was too late. I'm happier now that I have my numbers all together and my papers all filed and my lists all made and neatly transcribed so that they are legible!

So related to that, yesterday the craziest thing happenned! I went to Office Max and bought a new binder with file folders and notebook and handy pockets for things. I had been out and about and debated whether to hit Office Max or go home right then b/c Ella hadn't really napped and was starting to get cranky and it was about 5:15. I finally just decided to go but try to make it snappy. So I was in Office Max looking around, and Ella was in the shopping cart, and was kind of fussing/screeching, and then I was doing something to make her laugh, and she was giggling hysterically. Suddenly a head and then a body appears at the space at the end of our aisle, and then the person does a double take, and I suddenly look and realize that it's DH!!! We started laughing and couldn't believe it! He had been in another aisle elsewhere in the store and heard what sounded like Ella, he had popped his head into our aisle thinking that it couldn't be her and expecting that he would see some baby/kid who sounded a lot like her--still, I guess it was compelling enough that he went to check, and it was her! We were both totally amazed, we hadn't talked since earlier in the day and neither of us had been necessarily planning on going there or told the other one we were thinking about that or wanting anything from the office supply store. We just totally randomly ran into each other! How weird is that?! After we got over the initial suprise and amazement, I thought to ask him, "What are you here to get, anyway?" and he said, "Oh, I'm looking for something to organize all these papers, everything is in such a mess" and I said, "Me too!" and we both started laughing all over again!

#13 ·
Hi all!!! Happy May.

We have a maypole nearby but only because of the RennFaire...Love the RennFaire!!!!

We spent the weekend at the Festival of Books that the LA Times does. Over 400 authors and bookreadings and book signings...it's seriously book nerds heaven *and since DH and I are both serious book nerds it was awesome* DS got his copies of No David!, How I became a pirate and Pirates don't change diapers all autographed by none other than David Shannon himself. We aren't a huge fan of No David as a book...but we won't be censoring our kiddo so we'll just explain that *some* families have problems with these sort of things and say NO all the time but we don't. And we can laugh at the pictures.

DS is getting so big...I'm astounded as I look at the calendar and realize how fast time is flying...ummm hello FRIDAY is my one month anniversary. AF has been odd and crazy lately...and we haven't been too careful...so we could be showing up with a BFP any day...We are hoping for July...but sooner would be that much better for me b/c I am DONE being a WOHM when we have #2.

That's us in a nutshell...I'll try to keep up but it's the END of the school year so TONS going on at work.

*hugs*

#14 ·
Mentioning pregnancy, has anyone gone and lurked in the Dec07 DDC? Holy moly- now I know why April was so quiet around here

Kavita, your dh sounds like such a honey
I love synchronicity, it's my word for my week. And I love Thursdays because I get to go and play with messy things and talk to grownups, and my body is doing what it's meant to, and life is generally sweet.
Spughy, I'm with you on the healthy eating thing- I have more than 50 pounds to come off, but to start with I'm aiming for 30. Want a buddy?

#15 ·
My babysitter quit after only two days so I had to get my boss to change my schedule. Thankfully he was really understanding about it but I can't work full time until I find another sitter. Argh. Which means things are definitely not going to be as easy as I'd hoped. I thought I'd found the perfect solution.
Last thread someone asked what I was going to school for. I'm going for my RN, after which I will go to a midwifery college, but first I have to do something to earn enough money so we can actually save some money for me to be able to not work for a while. So the RN isn't really something I'm interested in doing long term, I just know there's a need and I'd be good at it.
I have a hilarious picture of Winter asleep in a very funny spot that I will have to share tomorrow. For now I must get to bed while I can, Suriya just fell asleep!

#16 ·
I've royally messed up my paperwork for registering our Canadian car in the US, so after today we're carless while we await the slow moving paperwork process. I did a huge grocery shop this morning, so I think we'll be fine with walking and biking for the next little while. Bus transit here is pretty crummy, but both DH and I have free passes through work/school. I'm unexpectedly reducing my carbon output for a while

I also took Neela for a check up and she is (drumroll).... 35 1/2 inches tall and 25 lb 13 oz. For height the doctor's computer put her at the 99.68 percentile. I'm 5'2" on a tall day

Kaspirant, good luck with the TTC and timing- I'll be watching the DDCs for you, too. I've seen it Helen, Dec07 is CRAZY busy! I'm not TTC, and still awaiting PPAF (though not too anxiously). I think my body knows that I'm not ready for another right now, so is making the decision for me.

Kavita~ Only a parent would think to trek across the store because of a familiar sounding screetch. Anyone else would run the other way!

#17 ·
Actually, trmptplaya's due now, isn't she? Or around about now, anyhow? I just think it's so, so cool that zjande has so many of the Nov mamas in December with her

Mel, that's gold top milk in them there boobs
Skye is still diddy, but at least she's portable- it's also greatly amusing to hear people going "oh, look at the cute ickle baby"
" BIG GIRL!!!!" and then climbs down and does a dance to prove it
She's nuts.
DiD, childcare stinks. I'm glad you're still working towards your midwifery- and you know, once you get your RN you could always come to the UK for a year to get your RM qualification. That would let you work anywhere

#18 ·
Hi Mamas! Just a quick drive by to say hello. Things have been CRAZY here in preparation for our move. The packers/movers come on Monday, but our new apartment won't be ready to move into until the 14th, so we have about 6 days of not really having a permanent home... so we're not sure what we're going to do. We want to take a vacay, but I don't think we can really afford it right now.
:

Anyway, I haven't read any posts in over a week, but just wanted to let you all know I'm thinking about you and I will check back in when we get settled...maybe towards the middle of the month. Wish us luck!

#20 ·
Happy May everyone! Another drive-by hello here...life is beyond crazy at the moment. I've been out til 11 every night except one for the past two weeks, and don't get a break til Monday. I have to say, I think it was a mistake accepting this role...it has been more pain for Finley (he won't sleep without me, except that first night) and DH and me too, and the play has not been rewarding enough to make it feel worth it.

Anyway...a bit of a vent, but that is taking up almost all of my "free" time. And, we are moving to LA in less than three weeks!!!! The good news is, as of yesterday, we have an apartment! We are renting, and found a lovely duplex in Pasadena, and you can see the mountains from our window. I know I haven't shared what is going on yet, but it has been crazy, and stressful, but is now feeling more calm and really like it is all meant to be...

Amazing how many mamas our moving right now! And, amazing how much TTC/pregnant action is going on! I was actually nervous I was pregnant this week, but took an ept and it was a BFN, so I'm relieved (we'd like to wait a while, though if I were, I'd be happy...just a bit stressed for a moment...)

Thinking of you all always and am keeping up with reading, just haven't had a chance to post.

DiD, sorry about childcare and work!
Spiritmomma, I hope you can find something to help you feel balanced and fulfilled creatively/emotionally/etc. It is hard, and I understand.

Spughy, I cannot believe Rowan's singing abilities!!! How amazing and how adorable! Wow. You may have a musical prodigy on your hands...singing on key?!

flapjack, I'm glad you're feeling well.

Amy and Kavita and Fern, happy moving!

Kaspirant, let us know if you are indeed expecting again. Happy one month anniversary!

More soon....

#21 ·
i am saying hello and reading along. trying to get things together for our year long trip abroad. still planning to visit you folks out in seattle around the end of june!

we just got home from a great show and i must sleep! will be in touch more, i promise! glad to be able to read along and keep up with the other november born babes!

#22 ·
YAY weekend!!!

I'm going to go to the gym this morning then spend the rest of the day just hanging out with Rowan. Maybe do some shopping.

I've finally convinced Rowan that it's fun to be in the back carry position in the sling. Yeehaw! Now I can use the sling comfortably with her again. Soooooo much easier than a frame backpack. Love love love my slings.

Hi Gunter! Hi Barcelona!

(getting kicked off the computer now..)

#24 ·
Instructions for how to put a wiggling monster on the back in a ring sling, no. I do however have a couple pictures of Annette ~ 2-2.5 years old on my back in a ring sling here and here My mind is too fried right now to even explain how to do it. I haven't tried putting Joseph on my back in a ring sling, it's much easier in a mei tai. I'll update later when I can think straight if that happens in the near future.

#25 ·
ive given up on slings.. im getting a mei tai and an onbu and hopefully one will work well for us. ngaio also really likes to walk..and smell every flower along the way.

today she face planted in the playground into the cememnt and has a huge fat lip all cut up inside and a bump on her forehead. im scared to feel her teeth to see if they are wiggly. she had a Lot of blood.. its the first time shes really had a bleeding injury. not fun. it made me all shaky and scared.. but nursing helped a lot for both of us. its those moments that im so glad i still nurse..

we went to the waldorf may fair and watched the maypole dance and saw a puppet show. it was very lovely.

tired.must veg.

#26 ·
Okay...did some quick skimming on other posts...

We have the beco baby carrier and love it ... it's a structured carrier and It's AMAZING.

We are NOT yet expecting as our dear friend showed up...but we are one month closer to the very actively trying..and we are enjoying the practicing
Hopefully the keyword in all that is YET

We got a Learning Tower, Stokke Tripp Trapp and a LikeABike ***on serious sale because no one wanted to buy it*** with our tax refund this year

We are enjoying our new toys quite a lot. I'm looking forward to the day that I'm a SAHM and we can use these things ALL the time.

Work is winding down only 28 more days of school, 9 of which are minimum days. But who's counting.

We took DS to the zoo today and all had a blast. I
the zoo!!!

DS has a scary new habit of laying down and throwing his head back...it's not so bad when he does it on the bed...but today at the zoo he did it on the sidewalk and I caught his head twice before I missed and he slammed it into the sidewalk...it's so not fun.

Barcelona--thank you for the anniversary wishes...I can't believe it's already been a month!

Okay we are all gonna go watch a movie ...

*hugs* mamas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.