Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherri S.
my baby is growing so fast!
I couldn't agree with you more...makes me sad! I've already got baby fever again, this growing up fast thing isn't helping.

·
Premium Member
6,371 Posts
Today I was pushing Angelica around on Jonthan's rollercoaster ride on toy. She looked soo cute.
She's so nosey now. I love it!
I just melt when she puts her arms up to me to be picked up....
I wish she would stop growing up so fast

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
It's exciting but sad at the same time, how fast they're growing. DD can sit up by herself now. She tipples over every now and then, but I'm amazed at how steady she is. Maybe she won't be a klutz like her momma!

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
why am i such a bad mother!!!! sage fell off the bed for the THIRD time today!!
I was right there, too. she leapt off the bed like she was trying to fly. she went 3 feet from the bed. I couldn't beleive it and it happened so fast, i couldn't stop it. She's ok, she startled herself pretty bad, but otherwise is fine. She is not allowed on the bed anymore unless it's bedtime and she is in between me and DP. this can't happen again. my poor baby.

I agree our kids are growing up so fast. she is doing something new everyday. like yesterday, she started "sharing" with us. she would chew on a toy, and i would ask her for it, and she would put it in my mouth :LOL She is saying "mama" but only when she is mad or agitated, lol. No teeth yet, (is mine the only one without teeth?). and I let her try some 100% fruit juice tonight. Just a little. she is not a fan of the bottle anyway, so she didn't have very much. she did eat alot of oatmeal, though. hungry little booger

we went out to MIL's property that she bought to look at it, and it is 2 hours from here, yay. It's nice land and there's a lake nearby. we'll be able to go camping out there which will be nice.

have a good week everyone.

·
Premium Member
6,371 Posts
Another
for sage. tell her to stop doing that.
Angelica doesnt have teeth yet and I know Jessi doesnt either so your not alone there.
Angelica was saying Mama tonight and she looked like she was actually trying to get it out just right!
Babies are so soft!

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Iris has 2 teeth now... And she has been making the sign for milk for a few days now! It's so neat to see her do it!

Iris

Iris pins Daddy!

They are getting big very quickly. Why didn't pregnancy go by so fast?

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cute pics sagewinna! Is it just the picture, or is Iris a little redhead? My kids hair keeps changing colors so I don't know what to expect from Jessica. My oldest had toe head blond hair when it finally started coming in - now she has pretty dark brown hair. Danielle had black hair when she was born, and it keeps getting lighter. She's got this dirty strawberry blond color right now. I dont know where the light color comes from. I have dark auburn hair and dh has black hair.

Christy~ more
for Sage. It's amazing how quickly they can move isn't it? Tammi's right, no teeth for Jessica yet - no signs that she will get them any time soon either. Danielle didn't get her first one until she was 11 months old so I suspect Jessica will get hers about the same time.

Oh, did I forget to mention earlier that Jessica took 2 - count them 2! - great naps today! I'm probably jinxing myself and she won't do it again, but she took a little less than an hour and a half nap this morning, and a little more than 2 hours this afternoon/early evening. There was also a 20 minute cat nap thrown in there too. It was great! She was happier, I was able to get some things done so I was happier - now I hope she sleeps tonight too.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Emily doesn't have any teeth yet, either. But she's been teething and drooling like mad for the last 3 months! Katie didn't get any teeth until she was 8 months old.

We have avoided the whole bed thing by not leaving her alone on it since she started rolling over. We have the crib in our room next to the bed. Thankfully, she actually seems to prefer the crib most nights. And she naps pretty well in it too. I was pretty shocked. Katie woukd have nothing to do with the crib (until we set it up for Emily, of course :LOL).

We have the Dr.'s appointment this week to schedule Emily's surgery. I'm going to be so relievd when it is done. I just want it over with, so we can get on with our lives.

Bec

·
Registered
902 Posts
Hi Everyone ...

Well Henry is in the middle of his longest nap by himself in about 4 months -- over an hour so far. I've probably just jinxed myself, but I'm so amazed I had to tell someone. I'm wondering if what I did pre-nap helped or not (it was inadvertently mean, poor guy). He fell asleep in the sling (as usual) and I went to transfer him to the crib about 10 minutes into his nap and he woke up and freaked out, so I picked him up, put him in our bed and nursed him back to sleep (took about 10 more minutes). That's where he's stayed with not so much as a peep (and I've been up and down to check on him every 10 minutes or so). I really wonder if interrupting his sleep cycle got him to sleep longer.
If so, do I keep doing this to get the longer sleep (which he really needs)? It seems so mean ...

In the meantime, I've gotten so much done (I'm used to a manic 30 minutes of cleaning, laundry, etc.), I'm now bored. I guess I should go read a book or do something I haven't had the opportunity to do in nearly 7 months. Question is, what did I previously do???

As for developmental milestones (didn't someone ask that question?) ... Henry has been sitting unassisted for over a month now (he still topples on occasion), is rolling all over the place (not so much in his sleep, though), and of late has been trying to get on all fours. Unfortunately, he has quite the belly so he's got a lot of weight to support.
But I think he might be crawling (heaven help me!) or at least doing some substantial scooting in the next month or so. He also likes to be held standing, and if you hold his waist, he'll touch his toes. He thinks that's a riot. (I think it must tickle!)

Darn it, lawn people are mowing someone's lawn. Don't they know my son is sleeping?
: Hopefully he'll sleep through ...

Anyway, have a lovely day everyone!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Sounds like everyone's doing well and all the babes are growing so fast!

I used to be sad that my dd isn't a big "roller" but now I'm glad she's not- how scary that Sage keeps falling off! My dd doesn't nap alone, and she really can't get anywhere at night, so I think we're OK.

I can't believe that dd is 6.5 old! She's starting to seem like a little kid- talk about determination! I've started hesitating before taking things away from her, b/c she can get cranky! She sits really well, and can get up on all fours and scoothes- backwards though!

OK, she's mad now, better stop!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Christy1980
she leapt off the bed like she was trying to fly
I know its not funny but that description made me giggle. I'm glad she's ok. Here's another
for both you and Sage.

On the developmental milestones front...Ava can roll each way but doesn't chain them together to become mobile. I'm thankfull for that.
She started sitting up just after her 4 month 'birthday' and appears to have that skill mastered completely. She only falls if her brother 'helps' her lie down. Thanks big bro.

BetsyPage - My DD scooches backwards also. She's not on all fours though, just her arms. I was looking through my son's milestones and he started crawling at 8 months, it was backwards only for about two weeks before he figured out the forward motion. It was always cute to watch hehe.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry's_Mamma
Darn it, lawn people are mowing someone's lawn. Don't they know my son is sleeping?
: Hopefully he'll sleep through ...

With me, it's the trash guy. Never fails, Tuesday as soon as she drifts off to sleep (finally) here he comes clanging the darn truck
: I can't plan for it either because he never comes at the same time!

bec~ Keep us posted! I know everything will be fine and you will be so relieved to have this over and not looming ahead of you all the time. But it must be a little scary as well I would think. If you need some support, you know were to look!
for both of you!

Dare I say it...Jessica is in the middle of another awesome nap! She's been down for an hour and 40 minutes so far
Yippee!!!

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Meriel still has no teeth, but they are right there under the skin of her gums - you can see them and feel them, and once one of them poked out a tiny sharp little point then went back down (or the gums swelled up over it, whatever). I think she'll be like big sis and get a bunch all at once.

She doesn't crawl or sit up by herself (well, kind of sits by herself, if I help her get to the seated position first), but she rolls and scoots around really well and can go the length of our den in a blink of the eye if there's some toy over there she wants (almost always big sis's toy that she shouldn't have).

She finally had a bite of something that she didn't immediately spit out - watermelon! Figures, I ate at least one watermelon every week all last summer when I was pregnant with her, sometimes a whole melon in one day... yummm
But she didn't swallow it, started gagging and I fished it out of her mouth with my fingers. Definitely not ready for solids yet, but that's ok given our history of food allergies.

Speaking of them growing - just yesterday we were watching Jenny's home movies, and in it she was learning to walk. Then I looked at the baby, and she was wearing the exact same outfit that Jenny had on in the movie!! OMG! Not even seven months old, and wearing clothes big sis wore at 14 months... but still quite petite compared to anyone else's kids.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
it would appear k's first tooth may make its appearance soon. the poor thing's been teething since she was 2 months-- it seems like she should get the reward of an actual tooth finally!!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MommyMellie
makes me sad! I've already got baby fever again
Wow, not me. Every week my life becomes a little more bearable.

I do kinda have baby fever again, but NOT b/c they are growing up - I LIKE the growing up part!
Meg gets more fun all the time!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Christy1980
(is mine the only one without teeth?).
No, but mine are the youngest ones here, I think, plus preemies.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
no teeth here. mine was born on the 18th of dec. so he's younger, too. i can see them, though.

sage. with my little guy, dane, i had him a good 2 feet from the edge. he fell forward and then gave a mighty kick and propelled his head to the edge of the bed. well, he has one huge noggin. the weight of it pulled him down so fast, before i could even blink my eyes. bad thing was: i was standing right there! in front of him! it happened so fast i couldn't stop him.

we have a king size bed. i now put him smack in the middle, but only for a few seconds. he likes to fall over and arch his back and back-scoot his way to the edge!
this one's going to need watching, i can tell already.

happy note: he raised his arms for me to pick him up for the first time today!!!!!!! keep in mind this has been a very detached baby due to birth trauma and we've had to work really hard attaching him. he hasn't seemed to care one iota who holds him and if i'm home or not. so reaching up for me - melting my heart - a milestone!

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
i dont have baby fever, but i do miss being pg, (well at least the last 5 months of being pg, lol!).

we're not doing juice and oatmeal on the same day anymore. Sage was up most of the night :puke rejecting her "dinner." I don't think it's an allergy to either one, i just think her little tummy couldn't handle both new foods at once. and she didn't digest the oatmeal she kept down, it just kinda turned yellow in her diaper. maybe i over-fed her? she had 2 ozs of oatmeal and then BF before bedtime. the juice (1oz) was earlier in the day. haha the irony is that i fed her a bunch so that she would sleep better, and we were both up most of the night while she was sick, lol.
:LOL

off to bed

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, we've been a quiet bunch for the past two days - not like us at all :LOL We almost fell to the third page!

I gave Jessica some carrots tonight - to my amazment (sp?) she ate half a jar. I was beginning to think she would never eat solids. When we went to the in laws house, her grandfather gave her some smashed up banana (I was outside so didn't know until afterward) I guess she ate it, but it bugs me that he gave her something without talking to me about it. She had one new food tonight, I wanted to wait a few days before introducing something else. Why do people seem to think it is ok to feed a baby without speaking to the parents first? FIL is the worst about it too - he's always trying to poke something in Jessica's mouth, I should have known better than to leave her inside with him.

Oh, and her first tooth is breaking through the gums
(how funny, a banana and a carrot - should have put them up above :LOL) Anyway, I guess that explains why she's been such a pill the past few days. Well, that takes Jessica off the toothless list.

Stafl ~ Jesi had some watermelon last week - I had to fish a chunk of it out of her mouth as well. She liked it though and kept going back for more, I just had to watch and make sure she didn't bite too hard.

1 - 20 of 239 Posts