Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<a href="http://www.buylocalday.org" target="_blank">www.buylocalday.org</a><br><br><div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">Why Buy Local?<br><br>
• Local businesses produce more income, jobs, and tax receipts for local communities than big box stores do.<br>
• Local businesses are more likely to utilize local ads, banks and other services.<br>
• Local businesses donate more money to nonprofits and are more accountable to their local communities.<br>
• Supporting local businesses preserves the economic diversity of our communities and the unique character of our neighborhoods.<br>
• Supporting local businesses is good for the environment, because it cuts down on fuel consumption. Buying locally produced goods reduces the need to ship goods from thousands of miles away and also cuts down on the distances shoppers travel.<br>
* And don’t forget to also buy Fair Trade, organic and green!</td>
</tr></table></div>
The website above has some awesome ideas for how you can hope, including a flier you can download and distrubute.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Thanks so much for posting this! I try to buy locally when I can, and it's great to have additional things I can do to help get others to do the same!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts