Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will go first. Everything healing up pretty well but I have my normal worries (I am a worrier). Mostly I am worried about prolapse and rectal prolapse...not aure why as I have never had one lol.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Still can't believe that my little man is here after all this time. In his first 2 weeks Jaxon already managed to catch a stomach bug from daddy and had his first sleep over at grandmas.

Never expected to adjust to motherhood this well but I'm loving every second of it

·
Registered
599 Posts
holy contractions, this is my third baby and I had the absolute worst post labor contractions I have ever experienced!! They are obviously gone now having delivered four weeks ago, but they were horrid; literally worse than actual labor. Any other mamas experience these post labor contractions?

Post partum is going pretty well. I have had a slightly nasty case of the baby blues, but after a good skin on skin nap when it hits the hardest I feel much better. I am slowly starting to feel like myself again. My baby is gorgeous and sweet as can be. She smiles so much and every time I see her smiling up at her family my heart melts. Rita and Flynn can't get enough of her. They are constantly asking to hold her and play with her. Cloth diapering is amazing and fun. We bought a new washer and dryer (mine broke days before my hubby's accident) so things are definitely normalizing around here and we are falling into a nice groove.

·
Registered
149 Posts
holy contractions, this is my third baby and I had the absolute worst post labor contractions I have ever experienced!! They are obviously gone now having delivered four weeks ago, but they were horrid; literally worse than actual labor. Any other mamas experience these post labor contractions?
O M G YES!! They are the worst! Every time he nurses! I know it's shrinking my uterus BUT come on!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've had a slightly rough couple of weeks. After a pretty exhausting delivery, I then came down with a bad cold and now mastitis. Ihave felt so tired and have barely moved from the couch, so I'mlooking forward to an outing with babies one my mastitis is totally cleared. I am also struggling to feel bonded with both babies in the same way I did with my older daughter. I know that it's not fair to compare in that way but it's hard for me not to.

·
Registered
599 Posts
big hugs alk! That sounds really rough... after Rosie was born we all caught a cold and I developed a stye in my eye; nowhere near as crappy as mastitis, but it sucks to be sick and take care of newborns! Bonding is harder when you are feeling so sick, and you have to compete with the bond they probably already have with each other so I could see how it was easier to bond with their older sister. We can't help but compare, I catch myself comparing my kids all the time; especially with a new baby sister.

Momma2M, I was so shocked by how bad the contractions were! They were like a red hot burning sensation that traveled through my body and lasted about two minutes! I could literally time them. They were 2-3 minutes apart and lasted about 1.5-2 minutes. It was hell, I started to feel very desperate, but they only lasted like that for about three days.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
@alk209 have you tried using a heating pad for about 30 mins, then a hot shower, let the hot water beat down on the plugged duct. Then "massage" which is literally using the heel of your palm and pushing down toward your nipple as hard as you can. Then nurse baby on that side.
That's what worked for me.
Also wishgarden makes a tincture called "happy ducts" its on sale this month too.

And for the after pains, Wishgarden also makes a tincture called "After ease" its works really good, but wears off after about half an hour. It was good for when the motrin starts wearing off, but you can't take the next dose quite yet.
Ever since my 3rd baby the after pains have been horrific! Not so bad after the first 2. But LO 3,4, &5 have been beyond challenging!

Reactions: Momma2Merrell

·
Registered
599 Posts
yes, the first and second were completely bearable no problem at all with the first actually. But the third baby, holy cow those were horrendous! It felt way worse than labor.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Do any of you have experience with rectocele and cystocele (sp?).
Marilyn, read through this thread:

http://www.mothering.com/forum/502-...732-pelvic-organ-prolapse-support-thread.html

There is an amazing amount of info on it. I had a uterine prolapse (MW's asst. pulled it out) and it took me months to recover. It was life changing in that I felt broken. I got a pessary from my doc (highly recommended!). I've recovered and had two children without incident since then.

Take time to recover. Be good to yourself. Love yourself. You are not broken!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Marilyn, read through this thread:

http://www.mothering.com/forum/502-...732-pelvic-organ-prolapse-support-thread.html

There is an amazing amount of info on it. I had a uterine prolapse (MW's asst. pulled it out) and it took me months to recover. It was life changing in that I felt broken. I got a pessary from my doc (highly recommended!). I've recovered and had two children without incident since then.

Take time to recover. Be good to yourself. Love yourself. You are not broken!
As far as afterbirth pains, OMG! I had to take 800 mg (!!) of cytotech for bleeding. My afterbirth pains were horrid. I actually had to be on narcotics for three days just to cope (after 8 natural labor/deliveries)! On the plus side my lochia was almost non-existent after one week!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Almost to the 1 month mark and finally able to sit down gingerly w/o massive discomfort. 3rd degree tear outsude and a ton of bruising inside from ds's shoulder dystocia that has struggled to heal properly.

It really didn't help that 8 days postpartum I came down with a gastrointestinal virus that had me eliminating everything from both ends. I was readmitted to the hospital for dehydration, abdominal pain and perenium pain for three days.

I missed out on so much important bonding time with my little guy and I am still feeling very guilty about it. My Dd and baby stayed in the hospital with me but I couldn't hold him or nurse except laying on my side for over two weeks.

Thankfully I can now function on just ibuprofen now but I have to go back to the doc again as I have two painfully raw and bleeding calcifications near the back end of my stitches that makes eliminating waste very painful.

Thinking its going to be some time before I feel normal again.

I know things could be so much worse but it's a bummer to still be feeling crummy. I hope the other Nov mamas are doing well!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I personally feel disconnected where they did the cesarian. Like that part of my body isn't mine anymore. And empty because Madison is no longer inside of me. I can't feed her without my bleeding kicking in. I was told that's normal. Still feels awkward for me.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya badwolf, nursing will cause contrations which increase bleeding. I could feel the bleeding at the beginning and thought I was peeing!

Still a little freaked out about the prolapses. I haven't actually seen the midwife or doctor about them yet but am sure thats what it is. Mostly just concerned because there is alot of heavy lifting that can't be avoided in my job. Luckily I am in Canada so I have a full year off to figure things out.

I have been reading the POP support thread but its alot to get through!

·
Registered
599 Posts
I personally feel disconnected where they did the cesarian. Like that part of my body isn't mine anymore. And empty because Madison is no longer inside of me. I can't feed her without my bleeding kicking in. I was told that's normal. Still feels awkward for me.

badwolf, with all three of my children I had that horrible empty feeling after having them. You would think that wouldn't be an issue because for nine and a half to ten months we are just dying to meet our baby then you have them and miss them being inside of you. Bleeding gushes are totally normal and insanely uncomfortable when nursing but thankfully go away within a couple of weeks if not sooner. I still get nauseous and a slight depressed feeling when I nurse from the hormones and my babe will be six weeks this Friday.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Marilyn- what are you seeing/ feeling that makes you wonder about cysti/rectocele?

I think I may have just had my PERIOD. At 6 weeks postpartum. With a fully breastfed baby. I know its not lochia, but maybe it was just one freak anovulatory cycle? This seems wildly unfair.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I saw my midwife today and she had never heard of rectocele and cystocele. She did refer me to a OB/GYN. She did say she could feel what I was talking about but just wasn't experienced with it. She did say my uterus was quite high so no worries there.

So there is a pouch/swelling on both the front and back walls of my vagina. There is tissue that bulges at the vaginal opening causing the feeling of something falling out/misplaced tampon. This is worse at the end of the day. I often have to splint for BM. I had some of these symptoms but to a lesser extent before DS was born.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts