Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!

Please join in if you haven't before. Let's keep this thread going for support. You can list stats if you want but if not that's okay too. Good luck to all!

Starting weight: 186
Goal weight: 145

I am at my goal, or a bit under, and have been maintaining for a few months now. It's not as hard as I thought it would be. I just keep a close eye on the scale...I know some people don't like that, but I need the accountability so I don't lose it in the middle of the week or something.

I wanted to share something I am in the process of doing...we are hosting Thanksgiving for the first time, and I sat down with my Cooking Light magazines and planned out the menu for the three days we'll have people with us. It was so helpful! I am not usually organized like this, but it's turning out to be a good plan with saving money and also with points.

I hope everybody is having a good week ww-wise, kid-wise, and otherwise!

·
Registered
684 Posts
HI everyone!

I'm in my 11th week of Weight Watchers. I am down 31.4 lbs!!! Woo hoo. I'm finding WW to be an amazing tool. I'm doing really well for myself--not to mention my daughter who is new to 'real food' is learning to eay healthily at the same time! Hubby is also seeing some benifits of eating healthily, too!

I am in love with WW!

Wow, I think that crossing the 30 lb mark just gave me a renewed sense of pleasure with the program--sorry for sounding like a commercial!

254.2/222.8/165

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats, Miny!!! that is awesome. Now you know you can go the rest of the way. I feel the same way about ww. I did get the magazine mainly bc I'm a magazine junkie, but I loooooove cooking light's recipes too.
Peace.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Wow! Congrats to both of you!

Mindy, are you doing the Flex program or the Core program? I'm just starting my 5th week on Core, and I'm doing very well! I can understand your enthusiasm--I feel the same way!

Best,
K

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I just joined ww 6 days ago and am doing the core plan. My start weight was 176 and my first goal is 150 (10%). I really love it and am so encouraged by your success posts! I know we aren't supposed to weigh at home, but as of this morning I am down 3.5 pounds. I am exclusively nursing a 20lb 6 month old, and I know its probably a ton of water weight, but still a fun number to see.

I really hope this helps me get back into my pre-baby clothes!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Beth, my baby girl is a Miriam, too!

I am just starting my second week on the program. I am doing Core and I think it's great. My first goal is to reach 180lbs (10%) and my final goal is 160. I started at 204. I dropped 3.5 in the first week, as well, Stephanie!

I have had a rough start to this week, though. I went out to lunch with a friend, who basically made fun of my diet the whole time and kept taunting me with all the things I wasn't supposed to have. I finally had some bites from her dessert crepe, counted that as ALL my flex points for the day, and less than an hour later I was in a major sugar crash and felt awful. Since then, I've been craving sweets. Argh!

Does anyone have any advice about how to deal with friends who don't respect your choice to get healthy? How about bouncing back from a bad day? I feel like I need to go into de-tox!

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, it's pretty unusual to see another baby named Miriam! It's a great name.

I have two thoughts about friends who want to "sabotage." First, until you know what you are going to do, avoid food with them if you can. Meet her for coffee or shopping or something instead.

Second, the ww booklet has a good "tool" called rehearsing. You figure out what you're going to do, say, act like, before you're in the situation. Like, if you know your friend will make fun of you, think of what you will say. I said things like, "I've already lost 5 pounds (or 10 or 30 or whatever)" and "I'm so full, I can't eat anything else" or just the other day when I was with some people who I knew were going to order fatty stuff, I went on and on about how I was craving the vegetarian plate (not exactly a lie) so they wouldn't say, "don't you want a burger." For people who say, "you're too skinny" which actually happens now, I say, my family has a history of heart disease and I need to be really healthy. I'm definitely not too skinny (5'7" and 143 or so), and i've noticed that the people who want to sabotage are either my naturally bony friend or people who are overweight themselves. Meaning it's their issues, and not mine.

Stay strong! Especially with the holidays and all that, planning ahead helps a ton. Sorry that got long but I got really annoyed with that same thing happening to me.

Take care and peace.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Jumping back into WW tomorrow.

I've taken a few weeks off (hit a plateau, a little burned out, extra stress) and have basically been eating anything I want, so I'm really ready to get back into the program. I'm doing the online version because it was getting to be so hard to find a sitter for the meetings.

I've been thinking about trying core again so that I don't have to count points, but last time it didn't work well for me. This time I might be a little more ready to give up the sugar/low point junk food that I was eating before.

I finally found some tea that I love, which also helps when I want something other than water to drink. It is the Republic of Tea's Cape of Good Hope Vanilla Red Tea (Rooibos). That stuff is awesome.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I'm back on WW again, too--today is my first day (and I'm hungry
: ). I'm at 145 and my goal is 130. I'm doing the program by myself so I definitely appreciate these threads for motivation.

Mambeth, I love Cooking Light, too. I've been making quite a few dinners from my magazines. I host a book club, too, and this month I plan to do the lowfat appetizer dips with pitas and vegetables.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
good luck writermama. Cooking Light is how I got through my first few months. I could still have fun cooking but know how much I was eating and how many points, plus it is soooo tasty!

I went to a retreat for the past few days and I noticed that people were sort of watching what I ate! Most of the people knew me 50 lbs ago (heck, they knew me 95 lbs ago when I was pg with dd!) and were very curious about my "tricks." It was a weird feeling...but I just tried to eat like I normally do. Weird!

Anyway, I hope y'all are having a good week and are not too stressed by the upcoming craziness for most of us.

Peace.

·
Registered
11,992 Posts
I'm three weeks into core and I love it! I'm frustrated because dh's birthday was monday and I have been eating seven layer bars every day since. That re-introduction to sugar killed me! They're gone as of today, so that should be the end of it. I generally feel satisfied on the plan, so the problem was having them in the house. I have lost 5 lbs so far. I began at 200 and my goal is 155. It's a long way away, but I feel good about it. I'll really happy when I hit 175. keep up the good work, ladies!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello WW mamas,

I am down to 165lbs from 180, my goal is 150 for starters. I want to lose 15 lbs. Today was a little bad. Lots of veggies but not enough water and no ex.
I think i'll go do some sit-ups before bed. I haven't started back with meetings yet but maybe next week.

Good luck everyone!

·
Registered
11,992 Posts
Wow, I just did my three week weigh in and I lost another five pounds! That's ten pounds in two weeks! I can't believe that I'm losing at all. Now I too need to kick in the exercise. I may actually get that ten percent off rather quickly.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi mama's! After seeing a picture of me on the frontpage of our local newspaper yesterday, I decided it's time to do something about my weight. I was horrified when I saw how big I looked!
So I dug out my WW stuff from last year and have decided to give it a go. I quit doing WW a few months before I got pregnant last year and it's kind of encouraging to look at my last weigh-in, which happens to be on the day my daughter was born (but a year earlier) and I weigh less now than I did then.

Anyway, I'm going to need all the support I can get as I can't afford to go to meetings and such. I have been eating very badly these last few weeks so I know I am going to have a hard time with sugar withdrawals and such. I could also use some guidance as far as what my points goal should be since I am bf'ing. According to my little points calculator, with my current weight my points range is 24 - 29. I'm assuming I should add more points to that because of the nursing. Is this correct?

I look forward to giving and receiving support from others here! I also can't wait to get to "know" some of you as I am new to the boards!

Emily

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yay mamas!!! Y'all are doing great! Keep going, it's so worth it!

I went to a great meeting yesterday IRL that was all about Thanksgiving and tips for surviving. The main ones were to plan ahead, eat before you go to a party (low points stuff), and bring a healthy dish so you know you can eat something. Next week she is showing us the points for the popular Thanksgiving stuff--yikes! I'll let you know.

Emily--there are others who could help more than I could, but if you are EBF, you are supposed to add 10 pts to your daily total. I joined when my dd was a year and added five points for nursing, and it worked. You might have to play with it a little bit because they aren't used to toddlers nursing....they told me to add the whole 10 points!

Anyway, welcome to this thread and the boards.

Peace.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hi All!

I did WW for about a month earlier this year, and lost 11 pounds. But since that time, I just stopped, and can't seem to get motivated again. I really feel the need to lose at least 10 pounds, which would put me at my pre-pregnancy weight -- and then I could still stand to lose some!!!

***PLEASE*** Can someone help me get motivated again? I felt SO hungry on WW flex (I belong online), and counting all those points was tiresome. Is there an easier way? With two little ones, a puppy, and the myriad of other things going on, I find it hard to come up with the time to do it all.

Start 181
Current 170
Goal 160 (or less!)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.