Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my DD just started using the potty (only pee pee, but its now been 3 days and she uses it at least 3-4 times....progress!) and she is a little older than 2.5 years old.<br><br>
She has a Baby Bjorn potty chair that she refuses to sit on....she likes to sit on the little Diego toilet ring and use the "big toilet". My concern is as follows: at the end of the month, we will be headed via airplane to my inlaws house....my DD will actually spend about 2 weeks solo with them. That is a lot of changes for her to deal with (she hasn't seen them in about 4 or 5 months, but she is familiar with their house, etc) but should we bring her Diego potty ring, or pick up another cheapie-weepie ring when we get to his parent's house?<br><br>
I don't want her to pee ONLY on her Diego seat....I am worried that she may become too used to it and form an attachment to that particular seat (maybe not, but like I said, she prefers Diego instead of her Baby Bjorn potty)<br>
instead of trying out another chair.<br><br>
Sigh. If only I had a little longer (like, another 2 months) so she was totally comfortable with the potty....

·
Registered
360 Posts
I would just buy one, or maybe have your parents get one so it's already there when you get there, and the first thing you do when you walk in the door is take her to the potty. Or you could buy a portable one, I am planing on getting this on <a href="http://www.pottytrainingsolutions.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=40" target="_blank">Primo portable potty seat</a> Then you can maybe even take her on the airplane. You might have some misses during your trip, but I think it will also help her know that here are more places to pee than just your bathroom at home.

·
Registered
898 Posts
w dd (2 1/2 yrs) when out of house we make it fun to "wrap" the potty seat with the sanitary paper. sometimes at home she likes to use the toilet paper to wrap the seat too. so it keeps a constant at all toilets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts