Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It feels like there's gymnastics going on in my uterus today! Ahh, what a feeling

I've had two ultrasounds and everything has only looked good so far with this pregnancy, but on some level I was having a hard time really believing it was happening. Feeling all of this movement just makes me want to scream "YAY, I'M PREGNANT!"

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
woohoo! I love that feeling too. Unfortunately this baby is totally lazy.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Congrats! Mine is more lazy then my others. I'm just now starting to feel more activity.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I shouldn't worry that I haven't felt any definitive movement, right? My m/w told me last appt. that most moms don't feel movement until 16-18w, and most first-timers are more like 18-20w. I'm at 16w+3d. I am hypersensitive to everything going on down there, and there's a lot going on, but nothing that I can say, "THAT'S the baby!" There's a little cramping, gas, prolly a lot of wishful thinking, etc, but as a firsttimer I don't really know what I'm "feeling" for.

It seems like a lot of you all have been feeling movement for weeks now! At what point should I start getting worried? I did hear a nice, strong hb last appt., and I haven't had any spotting or anything, just some minor, menstrual-type cramps... And I've gained 4-5 pounds and have a little belly, but nothing really noticeable. Someone tell me not to worry...

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Don't worry!! Like your mw said, it's probably early on for you to be feeling the baby. People who've had children know what to look for. It feels pretty similiar to gas bubbles, so there is a good chance you are feeling hte baby and you just aren't realizing. Pretty soon, you'll be able to tell for sure.

With my last baby, I still wasn't sure when it was time to get my routine u/s and Abby was kicking during it. It was nice to get that visual to verify what I was feeling.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lilkat View Post
I shouldn't worry that I haven't felt any definitive movement, right? My m/w told me last appt. that most moms don't feel movement until 16-18w, and most first-timers are more like 18-20w. I'm at 16w+3d. I am hypersensitive to everything going on down there, and there's a lot going on, but nothing that I can say, "THAT'S the baby!" There's a little cramping, gas, prolly a lot of wishful thinking, etc, but as a firsttimer I don't really know what I'm "feeling" for.

It seems like a lot of you all have been feeling movement for weeks now! At what point should I start getting worried? I did hear a nice, strong hb last appt., and I haven't had any spotting or anything, just some minor, menstrual-type cramps... And I've gained 4-5 pounds and have a little belly, but nothing really noticeable. Someone tell me not to worry...
Don't worry!
Your m/w is right and it is usually later that first time moms feel their baby move. There do seem to be a lot of women here who felt movement really early which had me paranoid also. This is my 4th baby and I have felt some TINY bumps and flutters over the past week but it still makes me paranoid that it isn't consistent yet. It is an AMAZING feeling though and once you do know for sure you've felt it, you'll probably look back at some of those "gas pains" you've been having and go "Ohhhhh....that probably WAS the baby!"

·
Registered
900 Posts
Mine is becoming more and more active as well. The other night I was sitting here at the computer and I felt tons of movement....very cool! Can't wait to feel more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.