Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we're all still in the first trimester (I guess between 5-8 weeks), no doubt we are always in the backs of our minds wondering if we'll "make it" to around the 12 week mark, right? So, at this point who all really knows we're pg and who are we waiting to tell?

I'll start: I have told three close friends. DH has told one of his friends (that was at my recommendation so that he'd have someone to fall back on if needed). I've told about three aquaintences. So, that's about it...

Here's the interesting part for me. I haven't told either set of our parents or my sister who I am very close to. By this time in my first pg I had told them. BUT, because I'm still BF my little nursling (25 mos.), I've held off telling because if something happens I don't want to be faced with anything about that being the cause. Even though all of us know here that that would have nothing to do with it! So, I've yet to decide when I'll spill the beans.

And I know that many moms-to-be tell after the stick reads "+"
, but I'm holding out!

Anyone? ......

Carol, Mommy to my (5/2002)
: and expecting (2/19/2005)

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I guess since I started this thread I'd update my response! Now the news is out. I had an older friend (77) who came up to me from behind and hugged my belly and said with a sweet grin "Are you pregnant?" I couldn't believe it that she had such insight! I blushed and acted a little surprised and then I spilled the beans to her in private. I told her she's a wise woman and that if I need to know the weather forecast or any other predictions, I'm just going to call her! She loved that!! I figured my belly must have been sneaking out...

So, one week later I decided to tell my family and sister and then I let them do the rest. The few that were keeping it a secret until I was ready have done their job too. THEN, my best friend who lives 800 miles away informed me that she is pg too and only two weeks behind me!
Is that cool or what? They've been ttc for 2 years (she's 34 and he's 52!) and are thrilled. So, we're going to get to be pg buddies! We shared our secret at the same time and was that ever special.

Plus, now I've gone to midwife for 8.5 week check and all looks pretty good. She is having me take 50 mg of progesterone since my level is 18.5 and she'd like to see it 20. She's such a sweetie--gave me the choice to take it or not since she wasn't overly worried since it wasn't below 17. I decided to go for it. (I'm sure there's a thread out there somewhere on this topic..., anyone?)

So, there's my telling story, etc....Carol

Mommy to my dd (5/2002) and new one on the way (2/18/2005)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.