Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
154 Posts
I have horrible morning sickness, so I've pretty much told anyone I've seen in person. It helps explain my pallor, chapped lips, why I shoot dirty looks towards the kitchen, etc, even if I don't barf while they're here.

But I had a mc in 2001, before my son was born in 2002. The first one, we told everyone right away. When I mc at week 11 (we'd never heard a heartbeat), I sent an email to everyone asking that they make sure to spread the sad news to anyone who'd heard the happy news. I was mostly glad I'd told so many people since I was mess afterward and it would've been harder for me trying to hide it or my sudden social withdrawal. Plus MOST of them were great and did things like drop off mindcandy books and chocolate. But the news didn't spread at dh's work, so at the Christmas party 2 months later, people were coming up and congratulating me and even touching my stomach. *bleah* So this time we've not told anyone at his work except his boss.

The second time, we told fewer people right away, but I was wretchedly ill, and ended up telling most everyone who saw us. We told everyone else once we heard the heartbeat with a doppler. I think that's what we'll do this time - publicly announce once we get that heartbeat. I'm very, very, very eager and anxious to hear it, though reassured by my morning sickness. The chance of miscarriage is much smaller once you get that little thumpa-thumpa.

Er.. long answer, sorry!

- Sofia (first post!)

· Registered
154 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by heveasoul
...or maybe they can both be Sophias
:
and of course, I feel obliged to point out that Sophia and Sofia are very different names. Um. Well, maybe just to me!

I didn't meet another Sofia in the US until I was in college. But now everytime I go to the park, I get jumpy with all the other moms calling "Sophia! Sophie!" It seems like only the ph spelling is popular, though. Hmm, off topic in a big way!

· Registered
154 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shannon0218
Are they pronounced the same????
Oh yes. Sorry, I'm just being silly. As a kid I HATED it when someone misspelled my name with a ph. It always looked so wrong to me. So I tend to ask the parents how they spell it, out of curiosity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.