Mothering Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
154 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shannon0218
Are they pronounced the same????
Oh yes. Sorry, I'm just being silly. As a kid I HATED it when someone misspelled my name with a ph. It always looked so wrong to me. So I tend to ask the parents how they spell it, out of curiosity.

· Registered
10 Posts
Wow i feel like we have done very well to keep this a secret!
We havn't told anyone, and I mean NO-ONE! its kinda nice having this little secret from everyone aswell. We will wait untill we have the 12 week U/S to just make sure everything is ok first. then family and best friends then maybe a few other friends a few weeks after that. I wouldn't be able to deal with untelling people. and i am sort of a deal-with-things-on-my-own kinda gal who ,if something did happen, god forbid, then my partner would be all the support i would need.

well thats my 2 cents worth anyway he he

Jiminy!

PS I think that you could both have sofia, a lovely name!!!!!!

· Registered
10 Posts
oh that does pose a bit of a prob knowing each other in real life!!!!!!!! well i guess the first one to go......... it sux when friends have the same name choices as you, it seems like you both just liked the same name, in my case before i was pregnant my best friend got pregnant and we had discussed names that we would have when we had kids, i had been in love with this particular name since i had meet her and she knew it and said what a lovely name it was ....then al of a sudden she decided to call her bub if it was a girl the same name but swapped the first letter!!!!! so it made it impossible for me to eva have that name, i joked about it i even said oh no way you can have that then cant have my name, very lightheartedly, but it made no difference!!!! and she had a girl and used the name! so at least you 2 can laugh about it! now it just sux knowing that she couldn't think of her own name!!!!!!!! oh well I have thought of many a great name since then anyway!!!! so its all good, but it does suck sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
1,377 Posts
i've told only family and close, close friends. we are having genetic testing done (please don't flame) and i want to wait until after that is done and 12 weeks is gone so the heavy risk of m/c will be past. two more weeks!!!

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I guess since I started this thread I'd update my response! Now the news is out. I had an older friend (77) who came up to me from behind and hugged my belly and said with a sweet grin "Are you pregnant?" I couldn't believe it that she had such insight! I blushed and acted a little surprised and then I spilled the beans to her in private. I told her she's a wise woman and that if I need to know the weather forecast or any other predictions, I'm just going to call her! She loved that!! I figured my belly must have been sneaking out...

So, one week later I decided to tell my family and sister and then I let them do the rest. The few that were keeping it a secret until I was ready have done their job too. THEN, my best friend who lives 800 miles away informed me that she is pg too and only two weeks behind me!
Is that cool or what? They've been ttc for 2 years (she's 34 and he's 52!) and are thrilled. So, we're going to get to be pg buddies! We shared our secret at the same time and was that ever special.

Plus, now I've gone to midwife for 8.5 week check and all looks pretty good. She is having me take 50 mg of progesterone since my level is 18.5 and she'd like to see it 20. She's such a sweetie--gave me the choice to take it or not since she wasn't overly worried since it wasn't below 17. I decided to go for it. (I'm sure there's a thread out there somewhere on this topic..., anyone?)

So, there's my telling story, etc....Carol

Mommy to my dd (5/2002) and new one on the way (2/18/2005)

· Registered
10,826 Posts
I tried to hide it this time- mainly cause it was an oopsie and I was a little embarrassed, but also because I had a m/c before, and had already told everyone, etc etc...

Anyway, my class of girls guessed right off, then the Principal told me I looked a little peaked, and guessed out loud in front of other students, so then the cat was sort of out of the bag... doing okay with it, mostly though.

· Registered
1,287 Posts
We moved up our schedule for telling everyone. Yesterday was the 10 week mark.

After yesterday's positive OB appointment (heard the heartbeat, saw everything on the U/S), we started telling my family. Tonight, we tell my husband's family. And I think we'll start with my friends this weekend or early next week.

We were going to wait until 12 weeks to tell everyone but our parents, but my dad can't keep a secret anyway!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.