Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this thread could go in several forums... so if it should be moved, please do so!
I was at a Law conference today at the Raddisson Hotel in Austin, TX. I am still bf and pumping for my 9 mo DD. The first 15 minute break comes and off I go to the bathroom, only to find that there are no electrical outlets in the bathroom!
I walk out and approach one of the conference organizers to explain that I need a place to pump with an electrical outlet. She grabs a hotel empoyee who is walking by and conveys my need. The employee looks at us, smiles and says she'll be back, and walks away! She does not come back! meanwhile, the break time is ticking away! I approach another employee, who just smiles at me and walks away! I approach a third employee, who does the same thing! There are now five minutes left on the break, I still have no where to pump and my boobs feel like I'm about to gush a river of milk! Finally, I start trying every door on the floor (we are on the second floor of the hotel where all the meeting rooms are) and after about five trys I find an open room that is just full of junk, but at least there's an electrical outlet, where I am able to pump at last.
:
I can't believe that I was treated this way, and that I was ignored by three seperate employees, when I nicely requested a place to pump!
:

the story has a happy ending though. At the next break, I went down to the front desk to complain. The front desk agent was extremely apologetic and offered me the use of an empty hotel room, free of charge, to pump in whenever I needed to for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
I'd consider writing a letter of complaint and be sure to mention the desk clerk who actually helped you. Sounds like those employees were just rude rather than there being an anti-bf environment at Radisson. I can't help but think that if you'd been asking the way to the bathroom with your legs crossed they would have acted the same way.
: Pity you don't know their names, but if you encountered two there are probably more people at that hotel who could use a review of policies.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Did the employees speak English? I can't imagine any other reason they would completely ignore your request. How frustrating!! Sounds like the front desk person is the person to go to. Glad things worked out ok.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Are you sure they spoke english?? Being in the southwest you'll come across many employees who do not understand english very well.

·
Registered
667 Posts
They just smiled and walked away? I would have yelled, "HELLO?" LOL, I know it's childish, but how rude of them!!

I'd write them and complain. More about the rude employees, but also mention the no outlets and where is a woman supposed to pump?!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts