Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty excited, my doc. office called to say my NT ultrasound is on the 22nd, I will be 12w 3d. This is the first time I have seen the baby before 20w, I dont care about the NT part, just want to see a healthy baby!!!

· Registered
1,047 Posts
Yay! Mine's not until March 4. I actually liked the 12 week one better than the 20 week one. The baby was so small at 12 weeks that I could really see her on the ultrasound and in the pictures. (That might sound counter-intuitive but it was true for me).

· Registered
7,336 Posts
We saw that dd was a girl at that US. Maybe you will be able to tell. You need a perfect sagittal section and if you can see the bump of the baby's genitals, the angle can tell you. Dd's were already pointing down and so we knew she was a girl.

· Registered
552 Posts
Yay! I think you will enjoy it. I was really amazed at that U/S with DD. You know the baby is so small, but she totally looked like a little baby already, like everything was already there. And with seeing everything on the screen I didn't really have a sense of scale so in my head she was like a full-size baby!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
We saw that dd was a girl at that US. Maybe you will be able to tell. You need a perfect sagittal section and if you can see the bump of the baby's genitals, the angle can tell you. Dd's were already pointing down and so we knew she was a girl.
Same here.... the doctor said he was about 97% sure. We were completely shocked to find out so early, totally weren't expecting it at all (he did ask us first if we wanted to know before telling us).

My NT is on Monday the 15th and we'll be going back to the same doctor. I looked at my notes and I got the bloodwork back within 3 days. That's when we told our family last time, so I've got about a week until we can tell our family.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.