Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just totally
right now!

We often tell Orion while giving him food: "Mmmmmm num num! Is it good Orion? Nummy? Mmmmm num num!"

Today he was breastfeeding, took a break and said "Num num!" It totally made my heart melt!

For those who don't know my story, I never made a full supply, even with trying *everything* including domperidone, fenugreek until I couldn't stand the idea of pancakes and waffles anymore :LOL, pumping when Orion wasn't latched (and he nursed CONSTANTLY until he was 6 months old), and using a SNS to supplement for the first 4-5 months (after that I supplemented with bottles). I couldn't ever pump more than 1/2 ounce of breastmilk, and if I pumped *all* day, every 2 hours, I could get maybe an ounce TOTAL.

So to know that, even though I could never pump enough milk to really *see* that I was making more than drops, he still gets enough milk *now* at almost 16 months old to taste and think is nummy just makes me want to cry (in a wonderful way).

It was just such a sweet sweet thing. And I knew you would all understand, not look at me weird. So I'm sharing.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok just had to add Orion just ran up to me, said "Num num?" while doing his patent trying-to-grab-the-breast move that means want to nurse! So of course, I nursed him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.