Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sweet DS is 20 months, and has recently (the last few weeks) been really into asking for nursing (he just discovered putting the -ing at the end, which makes his request so damn cute) like 20 times a day. I'm getting frustrated. And DP is kind of frustrated too that whenever I'm around, he wants nothing to do with her...only mamma (that would be me...)for nursing.

I know his teeth have been bothering him...but I swear this child has been teething his entire life.

I know there are lots of things I could attribute it to, but mostly I just want advice on how to deal with it. Right now, I'm trying lots of different things including:
- letting him nurse
- saying no
- asking him if he wants to cuddle or have a kiss or a hug instead
- distracting him and ignoring the request

Does anyone have any ideas for me?
Thanks!

·
Registered
168 Posts
my ds is 16 months and some days just feel like one long nursing session. I have found with him that if I offer a snack, or offer to read a book that can sometimes distract him for a while and give me a break. Also I got him a sippy cup with a straw, and he loves drinking from it so I will offer him water in that and he is happy. I hope this helps, kids seem to go through so many phases, thankfully most are short lived. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.