Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..I'm new here. I have a question regarding nursing the twins..and also my 3yo (not even sure if this is the right place for this question).

When I found out I was pg with the twins..I had to wean my 2yo (for several reasons..altho it about killed us both to do it..as she was VERY attached to nursing). She finally accepted no more nursing months later and did fine. The twins were born in March and spent months in the NICU. One came home before the other and she started getting irritated when I would nurse her sister..and wanted to nurse..would even ask and cry to nurse. I tried to put her off..but after bringing home the other twin it became too much of a fight and have let her nurse again. Now she's nursing almost as much as before the twins..which is VERY frequently..and the twins do as well. No one seems to want to nurse at the same time..so it is CONSTANT nursing all day and all night! It's just so draining. My 5yo has special needs..and the smaller twin has severe medical issues. I'm stressed out!

Anyone dealing with a similar situation? Would love any advice on how to handle the constant nursing?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Wow, sounds like you have your hands FULL! I am "only" nursing 2 kids, and even that makes me
: some days. I have found sometimes my 3 year old just asks to nurse when he wants more of just "mom" not necessarily milk. If I make a special effort to play one on one with him or read to him, he usually slows down in how much he asks to nurse. Can you keep a basket of special books or other quiet activities next to your nursing spot for your 3 year old, so that she still gets some special mom time even when one or both of the babies are nursing?

Also, there is a Tandem Nursing Tribe in FYT...here is a link to it: Tandem Nursing Tribe We would love to have you join us!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I do have something like that already..but that's not what she's wanting. She wants to nurse and hates that the twins are..and she does ask sometimes when they aren't nursing.

Thanks for the link also..would love to join you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts