Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you still nursing........I would assume that nursing would be just like nipple stimulation. Does nipple stimulation only do something if your cervix is already effacing or dilating? Because I am 39 weeks, but not effaced or dilated at all and nursing my DD does nothing. No contractions what-so-ever when she nurses.<br><br>
Just curious.<br><br>
Dee

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
I have heard, that it would take a pretty good amount of time of nipple stimulation to put you into labor even if you are ready. I have been nursing up until about 1-2 weeks ago, and have never felt any twinge of a contraction. I might try to nurse him again to see if my colostrum is in yet, it wasn't a little while ago. My breasts are ridiculous sore for some reason, like painful and swollen, so nursing is NOT fun at all with my toothy toddler.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My breasts are ridiculous sore for some reason, like painful and swollen, so nursing is NOT fun at all with my toothy toddler.>>><br><br>
I'm probably not nursing long enough, then. Because, like you, my nipples are SOOOOOO sore. I rarely let her nurse more than 10 minutes or so. I just can't take it. I did start using some labor breathing and techniques when I start to nurse and that does help.<br><br>
Dee

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I have super painful contractions when I nurse ds. I don't nurse for more than 15 minutes at a time and only a couple times a day but almost as soon as I start nursing, omg!! They are awful!! It takes awhile for them to calm down. They last awhile and come close together but they feel like true pushing the baby down pelvic pressure contractions.<br><br>
I hear ya on the sensitivity!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yep. Very painful. DD really only nurses just before bed and about 3-5 min per side, but I regularly have a contraction after. Her birthday is coming up in July and we have a deal that she will be done on her birthday. I am fairly certain I can only handle one nursing at a time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts