Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
578 Posts
Ohhhh, these posts are *so* nice to read. I did assume my utter lack of libido was related to bf'ing, but it is still nice to read posts that remind me I'm not alone. Unfortunately, I didn't share with dh that I thought it was a hormonal issue and for the first several months pp, he thought this was just what mommyhood had done to me permanently. He was pretty sad about it. Poor guy.

DS nightweaned a little over a month ago (my other DS, his twin, no longer nurses - a very long, sad story), and I haven't actually felt a little pick up in my libido, for which dh has been very very grateful. (And by pick up, I mean I actually initiated sex once 2 or 3 weeks ago - how sad that that is progress!). Still no AF here, and I have thought maybe the return of my period would also have an effect on my libido.

The worst part for me is what a couple of other PPs mentioned. Prior to having babies, my breasts were a huge pleasure zone for me sexually. Now I just find it mostly irritating when dh touches them - especially the nipples. Most of the time I have a hard time imagining that I will ever enjoy them in sex again.

The other thing for me is the time involved. How pathetic is that? It's just I feel so perpetually crunched for time. I'm behind in everything - the house stays a wreck, I can barely stay on top of meal planning, work, and other obligations, and I rarely have a moment for myself. So when I have a small chunk of time when the boys happen to be sleeping, sex tends to be way down on my list of priorities.

Sadly, I think I miss the idea of sex more than I miss sex itself. It sucks, but I'm glad I'm not alone.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.