Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,868 Posts
Do you think there might be an evolutionary reason behind it? I can see Desmond Morris saying that the libido is diminished for a while to give our bodies a break between pregnancies and to allow for some time before the next child comes along. Maybe that's from nursing, maybe just from being a Mom.

For me, by the end of the day, I'm pretty completely touched out. I nanny for two little ones under three, plus my own under two. By the time ds hits the hay, the only hands I would want on me belong to a masseuse.

Our most recent really hot, spontaneous toss came completely out of the blue. I had been asleep for several hours when dh came to bed. He swears he was just putting his arm around me, but it landed right on my breast. I don't know why it hit me like, WHAM!, but we were both very glad it did. Maybe the secret is to let your partner sort of sneak up on you while you're asleep and not conscious enough to remember all those logical reasons to say no.

· Registered
1,868 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CajunMama
. . . it won't be too bad to let DS watch Elmo for 30 minutes" :LOL
My girlfriend and I garage sale together. We hit this FABULOUS sale a few weeks ago at the home of a woman who owns a lingerie store. GREAT, new lingerie for pennies on the dollar. Woo hoo! We were in heaven, and so were our husbands when we got home and did fashion shows. The next day we compared notes and I asked her, "So, how do you guys, er, handle the logistics, what with the Family Bed and all?" Turns out they resorted to Thomas the Tank Engine while we were relying on Baby Einstein. Thank God for DVD players.
:

· Registered
1,868 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuri'smom
I don't know what AF means. Can anyone explain it to me? I was wracking my brain as was my DH and neither of us could figure it out.
You know which one drove me crazy? nak. Man, I killed some brain cells trying to figure that one out. Which is ironic, since I am ALWAYS nak. Like you, I asked dh, then finally had to ask someone who used it. As for AF, I do believe that would be Aunt Flo (Aunt Flow). Does that help?

· Registered
1,868 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepGreen29
nursing at keyboard.

It took me FOREVER to figure that one out...even as I was doing it myself.

:LOL
We're totally off topic now, but what were some of your guesses for nak? I kept coming up with nursing a kid. Close . . . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.