Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>  So I'm still nursing my 16 month old and not really trying to get pregnant or charting but I am hoping to get pregnant again soon.  I haven't had my first Post Partem period yet (last time it came at 18 months postpartem)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>     On Sunday I felt like I ovulated (sharp stab in the ovary )  And I have had achiness around my ovaries and uterus and a tender cervix since then.  A couple days later I developed sore nipples which is what happened every time I ovulated after my cycles retuned last time.  Then out of curiosity I used an OPK Thursday night and it came out definately positive.  My nipples are still a little sore and I'm moody.  So my question is could I get a positive OPK and not ovulate.  I know hormones fluctuate a lot when you are nursing a toddler and your body is building up towards ovulating or  at least cycles returning.  I feel like I ovulated but I am going to be disappointed and confused if I dont get a period or a BFP in a couple of weeks . . .  . Any feedback would be welcome.  </p>

·
Registered
88 Posts
<p>Yes you can get a positive OPK and not actually O. Your body can gear up to O then not go through with it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The good news is since your period took so long to come back it's more likely that your early cycles will be ovulatory than someone who got it back right away. I got it at 9w pp and have had AFever since with nursing too. My first cycles were likely anovulatory but i wasn't charting or anything. Have you joined the nursing and TTC thread? GOOD LUCK!!</p>

·
Registered
195 Posts
<p>I was similar to you where I was nursing a 17-month old.  I night-weaned her and then monitored with OPKs to hopefully catch the first eggie!  I did get a +OPK, well five days of them(!) leading up to PPAF.  So I think something wonky was going on.  I didn't temp so unfortunately I don't know if I O'd or not, but somehow I think it took one more cycle to get back in order.  I know I O'd in the second cycle after PPAF for sure.  The pp is right - the later you get PPAF, the more like your cycles will be ovulatory.  good luck!</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts