Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,963 Posts
Congrats!
Drink lots of water, eat oatmeal every morning, and check out kellymom.com
The Brewer's Diet is excellent for milk production as well as getting enough protein for a healthy pregnancy.

You can do it, I did
Enough people do it for there to be the term tandem nursing

As for those who ask-- you can tell them:
"Oh, he/she only nurses x times a day."
"As long as I eat, there's plenty to go around."
"Orgasms cause more contractions than nursing"

· Registered
5,655 Posts
I'm currently 11 weeks along and nursing an 18 mo. Check out the book Adventures in Tandem Nursing and of course there are lots of MDC mama's who do it. I agree with thixle's suggestions for what to tell people. Personally I just say DS still needs me so it's non-negotiable.

· Registered
5,411 Posts
I'm 37 weeks along (eeeek! can it be that many???) and DD is not showing signs of giving up. My supply went really low at one point, and that's when we introduced having a sippy of water in the bed. Sometimes she asks for water at night now instead of milk and that makes me happy since it's so hard to get comfy enough to nurse and sleep.

I did notice an increase in sensitiivty and so DD and I had to compromise on twiddling which didn't used to be a problem. In the past few weeks I've had to limit her nursing sessions somewhat too - usually about 30 minutes. I guess the sensitivity has gone up somewhat again. She has gone to sleep not nursing quite a few times. She'd rather nurse, of course but hey there's only so much a momma can take.

I hope things calm down after the baby comes along.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.