Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to shop for nursing bras. Is it necessary to buy cotton ones?
I was thinking they would be more breathable. I did try on some the other day and the only ones that fit well were the nylon ones. Is nylon ok or will it cause infections?:

·
Registered
899 Posts
I could never find all cotton ones in my size (I am BIG) so I wore ones that are cotton/nylon blends and I never had any problems. If you want things to "air out" a little, you can always leave the flaps open for a few minutes after a feeding which I did occasionally.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Most of my nursing bras have something "artificial" in them... in the first couple of months sweaty postpartum, leaking milk everywhere period I would have to blow dry the area a lot to keep things dry...
A reeeaaalllly comfortable bra is the Jane's Plus bra from Blue Canoe (order online) it is 100% organic cotton. It is sooooooo soft. It depends on how much "support" you need though.
take care

·
Registered
529 Posts
*I* think cotton is essential... but, then, I wear cotton bras all the time.

I like Bravado cotton nursing bras or, if I'm feeling the need for underwire (which is rare when nursing) Target's "In Due Time" line has a couple cotton models (one fits me really weirdly, though).

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks
The ones I bought are nylon/spandex and have no cotton in them. The cotton ones (not 100% cotton- they had something else too) didn't fit me right.
The nylon ones are more stretchy. But I am worried they will cause an infection?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts