Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in desperite need of new nursing bras. The ones I have are ok, but not great. Can anyone recommend thier favs for me to check out? THANKS!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Well, I have no idea about brands, but my (34DD) choice of bra is always: center-snap, no sling, black. I swear by the first of those BTW, I think nothing beats a center-snap. I suppose I just prefer the no sling and black thing

·
Registered
473 Posts
Well, where I live, it is starting to get a bit chilly and I
the glamourmom type camisoles. Mine are Leading Lady brand (from Khols, but Target has a good one, too). They keep my belly warm and covered so nursing is easy.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I love this nursing bra. I know it says padded, but it's a very soft thin layer of padding. Basically so you cant see nips! Anyway, this is a super comfortable bra that is relatively inexpensive too. I tried a similar one from Target and it was terrible. When you unclipped it it barely exposed half of your breast. Impossible to nurse.

http://www.motherhood.com/Product.as...rCategory_Id=6

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
I have large breasts 40DDD and the bravado bras rock!! Also because they are expandable they fit properly at all times of the day/month etc.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Another vote for the Bravado bras!! At first I was a 42G and the Bravado bras were PERFECT. Like the pp said, they're so expandable that they fit all the time! I liked the "double plus" ones best.

As I started to lose weight and as my daughter got older, my size changed and now (11 months into our nursing journey) I'm in a 38D. I still love the bravados but also have two Medela bras now that are very comfortable as well. I think they're called the "softcup nursing bra."

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Is it a bad idea to buy a nursing bra before the baby is out? Or are the sizes pretty generous? I just don't know what size to wear.. but I'd like a nice comfy bra to wear right now too!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Bravado bras were awesome for the first year; then I started to feel I needed a little more support and switched to Wacoal nursing bras with an underwire, which I love. Both the Bravado and Wacoal had should snaps that are really easy (I have twins, so being able to do it one-handed was essential.)

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am glad so many recommend the Bravado. I broke down & ordered one yesterday. I also ordered a Medela soft cup, I think the same one someone mentioned.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SMR
Is it a bad idea to buy a nursing bra before the baby is out? Or are the sizes pretty generous? I just don't know what size to wear.. but I'd like a nice comfy bra to wear right now too!
I bought some when I was preg & I don't remember having any problems, but I know that it is usually not recomended. This website http://www.birthandbabyorders.com/index.php?c=35 has a ton of info.

·
Registered
842 Posts
At 8 weeks pg I went from a 36A to a 40C. I needed new bras, and I want to be able to wear them after baby too. I got 3 different styles from Target, all softcup. they are very adjustable with 4 rows of hooks, so will fit well throughout pregnancy and after. My favorite so far is the sports bra style. I wore sports bras with Ben, but these have an adjustable back and nursing openings, which my others didn't. They have good coverage and the nursing openings are ample. They only cost about $11, which is a great price for a nusring bra.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Do any of the bras you recommend eliminate uni-boob? Right now I'm wearing the tank from Target and while it's comfy and easy to wear I have one large boob in the middle of my chest. It's not a good look. I can only wear black tops, anything else my boobs look freaky.

I'm at least a 38 DDD.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SMR
I bought one or two before I gave birth and I made the mistake of buying them too small, which was really uncomfortable. I couldn't immagine they would get that big!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I like http://www.decentexposures.com for bras. Very much like a sports bra, but with a loop in the middle that prevents the uniboob look. I've had two for 3 years and they're going strong, and bought 3 more last year. Love them, love them, love them!

I'm in Florida, where heat is an issue, so all natural fibers really matter to me. I also like that they'll use cotton thread if you request it. And, if it doesn't fit, they'll custom fit it for you at no charge. Even if your size changes over the first year, they will resize it for free. I don't order the nursing flaps, just pull the bra down beneath my very ample bosom and it works fine. I like lots of support, and the lined cotton seems to do the trick for me.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Oh do I feel your pain....I have the uniboob problem too.

I kinda gave up caring and just worried about comfort for the moment. I have one bra (not sure the brand) that is quite rigid that I wear when I have to look nice for something and ds is coming along. It is sooo painful to wear, I only wear it when absolutly necassary. If you find a good one let me know!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Hey! After seeing this board I decided to buy a couple of bravado bras.. I found them on amazon for 31 bucks with FREE shipping!! YIPPEE!! I bought a couple at target that are D cup and they are so small - I think it's the bra and not that my boobs are gigantic, but after reading some breastfeeding info I was a little worried about constriction - so figured having a couple of nice nursing bras would be beneficial even now! And these go up to G size, I think.. so they should fit after the baby comes! I HOPE!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.