Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm asking here because I assume that everybody else here is also thinking about this - or will be soon! Most of us are at or almost at the 3rd trimester already.

I am predicting that I'll be an F cup by the time I'm nursing this little guy. At least. I'm a DD/E right now but honestly, my cups runneth over already and aside from a little colostrum here and there I'm not lactating yet!

I have no nursing bras left over from DS1, and even if I did they'd be too small anyway.

Any brand suggestions for me, fellow September mamas? I've heard wonderful things about Bravado bras (and this thread was inspired by my visit to the CVS website posted in the Bravado sale thread, where I found that they don't appear to have my size available on sale). Have any large-breasted mamas had experience with these bras that you could share? The Bravado + bras look SO comfortable, but are they supportive? Sorry if TMI but I need support, the "girls" are not nearly as perky as they once were and a flimsy bra is not going to work. Do the Bravado bras work under clothing, or just to sleep? The ++ ones look really constricting and uncomfortable (and like they'd show under pretty much all of my clothes, since the neckline is so high on them). Are they comfortable?

Any other brands I should look into, if Bravado is not going to work for me?

(feeling a little stressed by how much I don't remember or don't know, even on baby #3!)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I don't think the Bravado bras are very supportive; personally, I will use mine for sleeping.

My favorite supportive nursing bra is the Maternelle bra by Elle MacPherson

Not sure if it comes in a big enough cup size for you...

·
Premium Member
14,677 Posts
It also depends on your band size. Personally, I've been having great difficulty finding ANY nursing bra larger than a 38 band. At this rate, I'm going to be spending the next few years living in the only nursing tank I can find larger than an XL.

It REALLY irritates me that the clothing industry assumes that big women couldn't possibly get pregnant OR want to BF.
:

·
Premium Member
34,292 Posts
Moving to the Breastfeeding forum

·
Premium Member
3,877 Posts
i used to be a c pre-baby, now i'm spilling out of d bras.
i have mostly forgone nursing bras. I almost always nurse by pulling my breast up out the neck of my shirt (I pretty much just wear v-necks these days..) i just pull the breast out of the cup anyways, so having the nursing flap doesnt really matter. this way you can just use whatever supportive and well fitting bra you like.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Actually I think most moms are already BFing here but in response I have found NOT ONE bra that makes me feel comfortable in Tshirt I have typically in the past only worn Victorias Secret Bras but I bought a Gsomething from Target before delievery and it stretched out enough and I nurse with it now and recently bought another one bc its so stretchy and gives me that "lift" cute support I like but don't care if I stretch it out.

I always wear two tops one to pull up and a tank to pull down at the breast line and with these bras you can pull the strap down your shoulder and pull the cup under your breast and nurse this way easiely.

I have TERRIBLE luck with nursing bras they make me look so frumpy under clothes...dion't waste too much money on them beforehand. I cought some nursing tanks from target for the hospital VERY HELPFUL.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I really love the Goddess nursing bra. I'm a 38H and it offers me plenty of support, and it's non-underwire.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Breakout Bras has a wide selection of nursing bras (and other bras). I was able to find an elusive 30G with them. They had great customer service, too.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
It depends on your band size as well-but I am a 34I and do not find the Bravado + to be supportive at all. However, they're great for night time. I used bigger bras and got Anita brand and really like them!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cristeen View Post
It REALLY irritates me that the clothing industry assumes that big women couldn't possibly get pregnant OR want to BF.
:
I totally understand-but kind of the opposite. I had such a hard time finding small bands with big cup sizes, and forget about nursing tanks. They're so huge everywhere, EXCEPT in the top!
The clothing industry is just so standardized to certain sizes, it really sucks for anyone who falls out of that.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahlea View Post
The clothing industry is just so standardized to certain sizes, it really sucks for anyone who falls out of that.
ITA I can only find my cup size in a band-width that is too big, but I consider my proportions normal (38E or so). I H8 having to order pricey bras online and then find out they don't fit properly and pay to ship them back!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by heatherweh View Post
ITA I can only find my cup size in a band-width that is too big, but I consider my proportions normal (38E or so).
A 36F or even 34G may fit you better. Check my bra measuring instructions below to find your ideal size.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Try attempting to buy a bra in Spain, here the standard cup size is a B or C. If you go to a normal shop virtually all the bras will be a B, there just aren't other cup sizes.

Because I'm going to have to order some from the UK and get the shipped, can I ask general advice from larger nursing mothers which of these look like they'd be comfy. I'm a 32F at the moment and will probably stay that size after birth. Obviously I'll wait until later on, but with Isabel I was a 32F late in pregnancy, and stayed that way when my milk came in.

Also can I ask you lot about soft cup bras. I've only ever worn underwired so I'm not sure if soft cup will offer the support, but currently some of my bras are really annoying me and are uncomfortable. I absolutly cannot stand not enough support when the bit underneath your boob is allowed to touch your body as it's full summer here and I don't want to just sweat. Will a soft cup bra keep these things northerly?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivka5 View Post
I really love the Goddess nursing bra. I'm a 38H and it offers me plenty of support, and it's non-underwire.
I also love the goddess comfort nurser. It is really comfortable and doesn't cut into my breasts. I am a 34 G and have a hard time finding anything. This is the ONLY bra that works for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.