Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if maybe there is a better place to post this . . . but I'll give it a shot. Right now I have just two; both are Bravado and I like the original, but the Supreme I have, it has seams that go right across the nipple and that can get uncomfortable. I am . . . like somewhere around a 40 or 42 F or G (it kinda depends on the day, iykwim) so finding bras to try on is so not going to happen.

I've been trying to stick with wire-free versions b/c I've read that underwires can contribute to mastitis and blocked ducts if it doesn't fit properly. Have any of you found this to be the case?

I really wouldn't mind having one that was more than the glorified sports bra that the original bravado one is, but I don't really want to spend an insane amount of money either. (less than $50 would be great!) Do any of you have opinions or favorites? some of my smaller-busted friends just use a demi-cup regular bra to nurse in, but that doesn't really work so well in my size (not that finding regular bras in the size I am in is any easier than finding nursing bras!)

FWIW - DS is 3 months old, so I anticipate needing to use nursing bras at least until he is a year, longer if he wants to continue nursing beyond that.

TIA!

· Registered
2,485 Posts
I am large busted and got some super comfy nursing bras at Motherhood, they have plus sizes! One is a night time bra (I wear it during the day while at home) and it just criss crosses in the front. The other is more of a nursing sports bra. They were like 15$ a piece and have held up great. Im on my second set as I have been wearing them for over 4 yrs everyday (I wore them at the end of my 2nd pregnancy as well)
As for the underwire causing plugged ducts, yes I have heard that as well and I get mastitus everytime I wear a underwire bra so totally believe it.

· Registered
236 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lthw View Post
Hi there,
I like the Bravado Body Silk Seamless bra. I tried it on in a shop and then ordered two online for less $$. Super comfy!

It is wonderful! Much more support than the original bravado and very comfortable.

Can you go to a specialty bra shop for help with finding a good match for you? Often mastectomy shops carry nursing bras, too, and they have wonderful and knowledgeable salespeople to help you out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.