Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 9 weeks and then some now, and just noticed with ds (28 mos) that my nipples have stopped hurting as bad as they were just days ago...Anyone else feel like it's not as painful to nurse...It was so painful just a week ago.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Yes! I'm 9w5d and this is exactly how I feel. I'm glad someone else is noticing this because with the increasing energy and less queasiness I was, frankly, worrying a bit. Stupid, huh?

Glad you're doing better!

Have you tasted your milk, though?
I can't believe DD is still interested! Mine tastes so salty and gross now--nothing like the sweet-milk-left-in-the-bowl-after-sugar-cereal taste it used to have.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I am worried a bit too...In fact, I think I will start a thread to see how many of us don't have as many symptoms.

I haven't tried my milk, but every once and a while ds will start up nursing, stop for a second and say "yuck!", but then go right back to boob nursing. Go figure!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I don't have soreness any more, but I don't have much milk either. Like a drop.
One nice thing is the other night ds slept through (8+ hours) for the first time in his life. He is 33 months old. However last night he had a night terror, woke up a bunch and then got up early. Maybe it was just a fluke but it sure was nice!

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
I'm almost 12 weeks, and it still hurts. Plus, my milk is gone, although Julian insists there's "a little bit in there". I can't express a single drop.
But, no way in hell am I weaning this boy before he's ready, and he seems perfectly content to keep nursing with or without milk.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
It wasn't really that painful for me in the beginning, but I don't notice much pain now either. My dd will pull away like it tastes funny sometimes, but she goes right to the "other nummie please" until she pulls away and repeats with that one. It must be the taste.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts