Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking of getting an Ergo carrier,but I don't see how to nurse an infant or toddler very discreetly or comfortably.Is it possible?How?

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Possible? yes.<br>
Easy - no.<br><br>
In my experience the problem with nursing a toddler in the Ergo is that their head doesn't line up withyour boob. So for me I have to pull my boob up to a nursable position to make it happen - kind og awkward.<br>
It's easier I would say to unsnap the ergo and set the babe in position for normal nursing.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I can do it! But it's not too comfy, but still it's better than a wailing baby. What I have to do is loosen the belt, make the shoulder straps longer too and drop the baby waaay down. Then hold my boob with the same side hand up from underneath/side so DS stays latched on if I'm walking around. It kind of hurts my back if he stays down so low for too long, and hoisting him back up if he falls asleep usually wakes him up... but nursing can be done and nobody can tell if I'm wearing a shirt/cardigan/jacket over the ERGO, it kind of makes a barrier for my hand. DS's head is actually partially underneath the shoulder strap.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I do the same thing!! I find it to be really annoying and cumbersome, so mostly I just skip it and plop down... nursing is a great reason to take a rest!!

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your info,mammas!You've helped me a lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts