Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HATEEE NURSING right now. I used to love it!! Now it just feels so... gross? My nipples are super sensitive its so awful... not painful just icky! I cant bear the thought of weaning him like this... its too negative. Plus I really want him to have a full 2 years.

Please tell me things will feel different after I have this baby!! Right now I cringe the whole time he is nursing. It just makes me feel so violated. Can anyone relate to this? Can anyone tell me it gets better and I wont feel like this when the new one comes?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well, I have never nursed a baby while pg, but I can imagine that I would feel very uncomfortable. My nipples get so sensitive, I almost can't stand the feeling of my shirt touching them. I would guess that the feeling will go away as soon as you give birth. I seemed to lose that sensitivity as soon as I gave birth last time and was able to breast feed comfortably.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I find it very painful too, mama. I nursed straight through my whole pg with #2, and it DID feel better once I had some colostrum in the 3rd tri. She was no longer 'nursing dry' at that point. After baby was here, tandem nursing didn't hurt at all, although it felt weird to have one with teeth and one without (I prefer without! LOL).

I am honestly relieved that my dd20mo is weaning herself (she asks to nurse but just lays her cheek on my breast and sucks on her tongue). It has been very gentle and sweet, and I know that I personally have a hard time keeping up with the caloric demands of nursing two!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I totally get what you are feeling right now. My older two weaned at 2 1/2 and I was really hoping ds 2 would make it to his second birthday, this is March 4. He totally weaned himself during the first week of Feb. I was really not liking nursing at all. He was only nursing to go to sleep. I would find myself putting off his naps because nursing bugged me so much. With dd it was very hard to wean her while pregnant I don't know if it was that she was over two or what but it was hard and I felt really bad. It only took a few nights and she was weaned. After she was weaned I enjoyed snuggling her more and not anticipating on her asking me for "side". I really think that our bodies quit making milk for a reason. I really love the idea of tandem nursing and if you can handle it then that is awesome! But there is no reason to feel like like breastfeeding is a burden. How old is your LO?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I totally get what you are feeling right now. My older two weaned at 2 1/2 and I was really hoping ds 2 would make it to his second birthday, this is March 4. He totally weaned himself during the first week of Feb. I was really not liking nursing at all. He was only nursing to go to sleep. I would find myself putting off his naps because nursing bugged me so much. With dd it was very hard to wean her while pregnant I don't know if it was that she was over two or what but it was hard and I felt really bad. It only took a few nights and she was weaned. After she was weaned I enjoyed snuggling her more and not anticipating on her asking me for "side". I really think that our bodies quit making milk for a reason. I really love the idea of tandem nursing and if you can handle it then that is awesome! But there is no reason to feel like like breastfeeding is a burden. How old is your LO?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by neldabean View Post
How old is your LO?
He will be 17 months on the 23rd! I just wish this was easier. I feel like he is still a baby and it is so unfair to him that he has to go through this with me when it isnt his fault
it just breaks my heart!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.