Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy December everyone!!!! December is one of my favorite months, filled with holidays and lots of family time, and opportunities to give and share with one another. A month when many are in high spirits despite the weather. And, of course, a month when we usually throw caution to the wind and eat lots of goodies, too! It's just a cozy, special time -- at least for me -- and so it seems like a wonderful month to be trying to add another member to our families. Best of luck to all of us TTC in DECEMBER!!!!
:

The plan for DECEMBER :

Waiting to be Ready

bdoody11
ChristineIndy
Elecampane
gottecat
Impressionist
lurve
mama2elisabeth
Mommy2Haley
RachelS
veryerin
waylonsmama

: Waiting to Catch the First PP Egg!
:
bellevuemama
Carlito's_wife
counterGOPI
JamesMama
jen&james
JorgieGirl
KWare
Lauren82
Little grey mare
MahnaMahna
mamakori
Mirta
momtoK
Natalie's Mama
noordinaryspider
riverside knitter
rollergirl
skydancer
wobit
zjande

: Waiting to O
:
amrijane128
babymonster
Bromache
cheygirl
chrissy
CrunchyMamaToBe
firewoman
gcgirl
gillibean
Harmony96
highlandmum
ivymae
jillybeans
jkseawell
Julia2879
juliaaaah
kdegroo
kel32brown
Kristin0105
Lit Chick
madis81
mama*ashleigh
peanutbuttercup
PinkPantherDiva
SereneBabe
simple life
SoCaliMommy
sweetieberlin
TheBluebird
TopHat
transylvania_mom

: 2WW
:
anabellee
georgiegirl1974
Grahnola Mum
Impressionist
kdegroo
kel32brown
kittyhead
Kritto
lizziebits
mama*pisces
MelissaAHM
MrsTC
pitchfork
quetinha
SparklingGemini

Our Success Stories

December 2008
RTT
saoirse2007
mama*pisces
acupuncturemomma
Amyirene74
ladylove

November 2008
ohiomommy1122
ryan'smom
Ish'smom
sandybemt
jwoodbri
bensgirl1222
Jilian

October 2008
Mrs.aLifeofReilly
freezehead
KimProbable
ATruck
ameliasmama
LizzyQ
MamaShark
because
bethelbelle

September 2008
liss_420
blissful maia
Natalie143
triplembride
woodstar
SunCB
abigail_b
LiLStar
Sunuptosondown

August 2008
momtokimari
lilgreen
*Robin*
Monica3674
xan
catters

July 2008
riversong
iluvmybabies
katiedidbug
Max'sMama
citymomstl
risen_joy
shanahan
jldumm
*Danielle*
keirasmommy
fuzzypeach

June 2008
alison_in_oh
luv

May 2008
DreamsInDigital
jr'smom
Nicole R.
Moonprysm
sraplayas
RunnerMommy
mfrykas

April 2008
Cody'smomma
KSLaura
wrzos
Lindsey608
ms. pacman

March 2008
Jaysmylilpumpkin DS 12/05
allykhat
mochimama
BundleFishMama DD 8/02, DD 5/04, DS 6/06
OwensMa
chic2chic

February 2008
Bee21
myrmom
Jul3Feb2
hannybanany dd 8/05
natalieadw dd 4/06
Bella Catalina DS 4/06
thefragile7393 DS 1/06
zakers_mama with DS 10/04, DD 1/07

January 2008
MommytoHHH
emski4379
Jörð

December 2007
heatherRN DS 6/7/06
JenMidwife
Naturegirl DS 8/04
jwpsgurl
Celina DD 7/05
BlissfullyLoving
ryansma
honeybee
ShiningStar DD 2/20/06
mistyryan
elisheva
GwendalynsMommy

December Thread Hostess: Bromache

Please put all changes in bold.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So sorry the thread is late today, ladies. Yesterday was a rough one for me -- I'm miscarrying.
My faint positive followed by negative digital turned out to be a chemical pregnancy after all. So, I indulged myself and slept in a bit.
Anyway, I'm feeling better now, ready to start a brand new cycle and try once again. I have high hopes for this month: it's my birthday month, the month my son turns one and a half, the month we were originally planning to start TTC.... So, perhaps it was meant to be!

Best of luck to all of us!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Oops! Forgot it was December!!

I'm going to move my post...

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I haven't been around much. This cycle is just really stressing me out. I find it better to avoid thinking about it too much!

Ryan's Mom -- CONGRATS!!! I'm thrilled for you. What a wonderful Thanksgiving present.

Bromache -- Just saw your update. I'm so sorry...thank you, though, for your post about the beauty of the month. This is always one of my favorite times of year, and you are right, it is a beautiful time to invite another person into our family! I'm almost teary!

Babymonster -- I see no more spotting and your temp rose? That looks promising!

AFM -- Well, I guess I didn't actually O. This is incredibly frustrating. Day 43? My high temps must have just been some extended illness thing or something. At this point, I'd rather just have AF and start all over again. I just really can't figure out the temps though! I mean, it's not like it was just a day or two of high temps. It was 5! And I took them at the same time I always do. And I had was feeling 100% better on the day of the temp rise I have on FF -- the 21st, CD 32.

Only one possibility I'm thinking about. My spotting on 4 DPO was actually my period. The spotting was incredibly light, nothing even actually hit the panyliner, just when I wiped. Anyone think that is a possibility?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I just checked in with the November thread, and I THINK we're updated now? PLease let me know if I missed something. Thanks!

Amyirene -- I've never used OPKs, but that looks + to me!! Go DTD!!

Lizziebits -- That sounds so frustrating! I wish I had answers for you... I suppose that spotting could have been AF? Man, this stuff is so confusing, isn't it? I never had such irregularities in my cycle before this TTC stuff.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Bromache - I am so sorry
I understand how disappointed you must be.

kel - sorry AF found you. Boo on her!
:

lizzie - I am still spotting, but no proper AF yet... I was too scared to enter the spotting into FF this morning in case AF started
I had implantation bleeding with DS, but I am not getting my hopes up on this one (well, trying no to...)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Lizziebits! I appreciate it. (And you, too, babymonster! LOL. We posted at the same time.)

·
Registered
642 Posts
lizzie - I would have gone with CD32 as your O date. I guess FF can't tell because of the missing temps. Have you tested?

Bromache - I noticed Impressionist in the list in 2 places - she had a BFP in October (I think)

·
Registered
851 Posts
hey everybody. this will be my third PP cycle and just starting to think i might be gearing up to O on day 22. i was hoping that things would start to even out by now but we just moved and my 2.5 year old is getting some molars and nursing way more than usual so that might be throwing me off. i think im going to try OPKs this month. good luck to you all!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by babymonster View Post
Bromache - I noticed Impressionist in the list in 2 places - she had a BFP in October (I think)
Thanks for pointing that out! Anybody know for sure what's up with Impressionist? I tried to find her in the June and July DDCs and didn't see her in either one, so I don't want to move her (or remove her) until we know for sure what's up. Please let me know if you know. Thanks!

Hi Kittyhead! Welcome! I am also trying OPKs this moth for the first time. I hope they bring us both success!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Bromache-I'm so sorry.

AFM-I am pretty sure that OPK was positive this morning so I am gonna try to BD when he gets home from work tonight and hope I don't miss the opportunity. I guess if I do it will be ok anyways. It will happen if its meant to be. I'm not in as much of a rush as my DH is. He really wants one more child but I am personally happy with what I have. I'm the one who takes care of them so its not as easy for me. I'm sure you ladies know how that is. I am still torn between wanting to have more time with just Kailey while she is little and adding another one to the bunch and have to split my time up even more.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Bromache - I admire your attitude about it though. Hoping December is your month.

AFM, I've got 2 BFN so far, at 9 DPO and at 11 DPO (and I was supposedly going to hold out till today, 12 dpo - HA!). I haven't totally given up hope - have been feeling very PMSish, pretty bad cramps, sore nips, and emotions running high.
I figure that could be either pregnancy OR PMS, so I'm not holding my breath. I am really going to try to not test again until Thursday, when AF is supposed to show up. We'll see if I can hold out that long though.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Bromache- So sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself!

Just wanted to pop in any say thank you for all the congrats and well wishes. I'll still be rooting for all you nursing mommies!! Good Luck all!

Laura

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm in the 2ww but my temps aren't that high and I'm sure this isn't our month. But, does anyone else have sore/prickly nipples shortly before getting their period? I don't really remember this from before, but then again when I was ttcing before I wasn't also nursing.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hi~
I am new here. We weren't suppose to start TTC for a couple more months. But last night I told dh I was fertile and he was all for it. So please add me to the 2WW. DS is almost 2.5 and asked for a baby for Christmas. He is down to only nursing to sleep...and even then it does not last that long...most of the time. Maybe he knows something I don't...we weren't planning on it...but now I am really hoping. Best of luck to everyone!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the support! I appreciate it.

Mama*pisces, I've got my fingers crossed for you. Good luck holding out till Thursday!

RTT, I didn't have sore nipples last time, but who knows? Every pregnancy is different, or so they say. Don't give up hope yet.

Welcome WaylonsMama!! You sound like me, getting started early. It's hard to wait when you're so close, huh?
I think it's adorable that your son is so excited for a sibling. Too cute!

***Updated to here.***

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Bromache, I am sorry for your loss. I hope you get a sticky baby this cycle!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Sorry Bromache, I know how disappointing that is from my experience in October. And onward to a fresh new egg!

As for me, I'm off Clomid this month by my choice, using B-6 100 mgs, and Metformin, and prenatals. And temping as soon as Af is gone. We'll see how it works, and if I ovulate without the clomid. I predict a 33 day cycle, and ovulation on day 17.

It's nice to know there are other nursing moms ttc, because I'm tired of people asking me if it's even possible to ovulate while breastfeeding. I appreciate skipping the lesson where I tell everybody it's possible to ovulate while nursing a toddler 3 - 4 times a day. or hour. whichever the day turns out to hold.

1 - 20 of 284 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.