Mothering Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any other currently nursing moms? I am nursing my 2.5 year old. It's been a while since I nursed during pregnancy, as my last one, my older son had just weaned since I'd had an ectopic surgery and he couldn't nurse. But the pregnancy before that I had both daughters nursing (we went on to triandem nurse), and before that, my eldest was nursing while I was pregnant with her sister.

We're only nursing about once a day at most now, he's really cut back lately.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I still nurse my two year old while also nursing hopes that he will wean during this pregnancy like my second child did during my pregnancy with my third. I tandem nursed my first and second child, but I would definitely prefer to avoid tandem nursing again.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm still nursing my 1 year old. I wonder if this will finally be the one I tandem nurse... (I've nursed a few until the baby was born, but got too nervous about my milk supply to ever keep it up much past then.)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm nursing my two year old. I've nursed through each pregnancy and tandem nursed with each new baby (except the first of course :) ). It would feel weird to do anything differently.

I usually feel very, very sore nipples around the 4th month, but I'm already feeling that this time.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's so interesing how it's such an individual thing when each of us gets sore nipples. I have days here and there early on where if my little ones don't have a perfect latch then it is pretty sore, but then I have zero issues until about 6 weeks from the birth. From that point on it's VERY painful, but it goes away immediately with the birth and we never have any "new baby" soreness.

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
I've been nursing for 10 years. :p My nursling now just turned one and is still nursing many times a day. I always tandem when the new baby comes. My milk tends to dry up at 15 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's awesome!
I'm almost at 10 years! My oldest is 10 in February. (well, except for the months in between after my ectopic, as I mentioned, and I still hate that...two losses in one)

Surprisingly, I've never dried up. I guess I'm in that small minority who has a "full supply" of milk the entire pregnancy?

·
Registered
237 Posts
One side is suddenly VERY painful. I tried not nursing on that side for a few hours and then it got worse. What? Had baby nurse a bit on that side while I tried not to say ouch (she gets scared and starts to cry), so the swelling is down, but still really painful. Plugged duct? I have NEVER had that with an older baby. Sigh.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I am nursing my 15-month old many times throughout the day and many, many times at night. I nursed my first daughter through my pregnancy with him and tandem nursed for about 5-6 months after he was born. I do plan on beginning the night weaning process early in the new year because he nurses so so much at night still and we all need rest- me especially now that I'm pregnant again!

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 2 year old is still nursing, too. My nipples are super sore, but she still nurses 4+ times a day, easy. I am not sure how long that will last, because she is always saying she is hungry now, so I wonder if my milk is drying up or something. It isn't like the kid doesn't get anything else to eat :wink:. So I have a nursing/pregnant mama question. I did the Brewer diet with my last pregnancy, and I liked that. Doing that again...but this time I am also nursing a child, and I also work out pretty intensely 3-4 times a week. I have been having a hard time finding any information of what all those factors should do to my diet. Does anyone have any good links? Thanks for the info and support ladies!

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I'm nursing 4 kids, again, and got pregnant, again. :) I nurse my 5 year old maybe once a week, he's been slowly weaning himself, 3 year old about 2-3 times a day, 25 month old nurses all day and night, and my 7 month old nurses on demand as well. I'm pretty certain my 5 year old will fully wean in the upcoming months, probably before babe #10 arrives.

I've tandem nursed with babes 2&3, 3&4, 5&6. Triandem with babes 5,6,&7. Quadandem with 5,6,7,8 and babes 6,7,8,9.

Thankfully I'm not having any nipple pain this time. During my 9th pregnancy it was verrry painful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts