Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your LO's nursing personality?

My DS (now 3 yrs old) would nurse and nurse and nurse. Would NEVER turn it down, and it was a reliable way to calm him down anytime he was fussy. Then he'd go to sleep. Easy peasy. I never had trouble getting him to sleep or crying. All I had to do was nurse him. (The downside of that is that they want to nurse all the time, and I mean even when they are 2 1/2 years old!)

But now my DD (4 months) doesn't so much care to nurse! She was born smaller and grows slower than he did. She only nurses if she is hungry. If she is not hungry, she is too curious in the world around her, or too fidgity to nurse. (It's annoying when I am engorged!) When she gets tired, she is actually TOO TIRED to nurse. I have to bounce her to sleep. So I try to remember to feed her when she wakes up, but again, she won't nurse if she is not hungry. (Now, she does get enough milk because she isn't fussy, she never goes hungry. But this makes me realize just how much hunger nursing amounts to, and how all else is comfort nursing!)

Now I am curious to see what their eating personalities will be like throughout life. So far my son is still an emotional eater, and a compulsive one at that! So maybe my daughter will keep eating for hunger only....

So What about your LO?
-are they ALN (always love to nurse)?
-ONH (only nurse when hungry)?
-too curious to stay latched on b/c they're always looking around the room?
-too fidgety to stay latched on?
-NTS (nurse to sleep) or too tired to nurse?

· Registered
408 Posts
Caitlyn 19 months always loves to nurse. If we are out and about she is usually too distracted, but at home it is ALL the time

· Registered
1,076 Posts
ds was a comfort nurser, dd is a nurse when hungry kind of gal. My first dd i pumped and fed her from a bottle so I guess she would be considered hunger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.