Mothering Forum banner

Nursing school instructor is soooo hard on me I want to quit school so I never see her again!

Tags
students
4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  ishereal 
I graduated with my RN a year ago this month. I know how hard nursing school is by itself, and I'm sorry you have such a nasty instructor!! I would try to talk to her one on one. Make an appt before or after the clinical day so she can focus on you and ask her exactly what it is that you need to improve upon. Make her be specific. Not general things, but specific skills. If you can pin her down to specifics, she may back down and not intimidate you so much, and also you can just focus on those things and feel less anxiety. I also agree with going to the director of nursing so that person can be an oversight to the clinical instructor if things get worse.

You may have to cut down your work hours in the middle part of nursing school. I don't know how people work and have kids and go to nursing school. I did not work, my dh literally would care for the kids all weekend while I escaped to a family member's house to study, and that's how I made it through.

It sounds like you are very driven to make this work, and you will get through this!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.