Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>My almost 2 year old son usually nurses 4 times during the day (right after waking up, right before nap, right after nap, and before bed at night) and very rarely at night (only if he wakes and isn't feeling well). We are working on a slow wean and I was hoping to have him 100% weaned by this fall. I've been gradually removing one session at a time and had been thinking about moving to just three sessions a day. Generally, he has a couple of longer sessions and a couple quick drinks a day. This weekend, though, he seems to be on some sort of nursing strike. He'll ask for "boobah" and get very excited to nurse, but then he just latches for a moment before he pushes me away. Even though we were in the process of slowly weaning, I wasn't planning on weaning 100% just yet. Do I need to pump to keep my supply up?  Does it sound like he is just weaning himself or is this a normal temporary thing? I don't think I ate anything out of the ordinary that would make my milk taste off and it's highly unlikely that I would be pregnant.</p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts