Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please God someone tell me they know what I am talking about without me spelling it out. It is driving me nuts - when Julia nurses I have SUCH extreme agitation (not sore breasts/nipples) that I can't take it. it's like cross your legs/ants in your pants. She has been slowly cutting back (which is what led to ovulation in the first place) and in general has been nursing am, mid am, nap, mid pm, and before bed. Now that I'm being driven insane by this, we are down to "don't offer, don't refuse" and about 4x a day or so.

I am only 5 wks, but noticed a supply drop right away, and I think she is reacting to the flavor also. Sometimes when nursing at night or for nap, she will be very agitated and instead of the usual 5-10 min it is 30 min of ongoing "nurse" or "side" (other side). After 30 min today I gave up and drove her around the block to get her to go to sleep. She was fine with the change of scenery.

I would almost welcome nipple soreness instead of this.

· Registered
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OMG Erin, that is totally where the agitation is in part, it is also jumpy legs. It is soo frustrating.

I really want to let dd set the pace on her weaning.

I just started waiting for her to ask to nurse vs offering - so far she seems to ask about 4x a day, and I find that those times there is plenty of milk so that she doesn't nurse forever. It is really more agitating when I am empty and she still wants to nurse.

I'm just so glad I'm not the only one that has experienced this

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.