Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hi, mamas</p>
<p>Question for those of you who have nursed during pregnancy...</p>
<p>for how long was your babe actually getting milk?  And did the milk totally dry up at some point?  Or just turn to colostrum?</p>
<p>My baby is 5 months and I'm not really thinking about trying to get pregnant again until he's about a year old.  But we're not preventing now.  If it's definitive that my milk will dry up during pregnancy, or even if there's a strong chance, then that would be reason for me to prevent pregnancy until a year.  I really want him to be getting most of his nutrition from my milk until then.  Of course it might be a moot point because I know my fertility may not return until later anyway, but just in case...</p>
<p>thoughts?</p>

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
<p>I have gone through some with my supply intact and some where I lost it. The latest I seemed to lose it pretty quickly but my nursling was almost three so we were already headed that way. </p>

·
Registered
681 Posts
<p>The majority of mothers will lose their milk supply at some point during pregnancy. When and if that happens to you, you'll never know until you're living it. I can't remember exactly when I lost mine. I lost supply, and then eventually after a couple months of dry nursing DS1, I got colustrum. If not having to supplement with formula is important to you, I'd postpone getting pregnant until the baby is 1.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts