Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With DD I ate more, but I wasn't necessarily hungry all the time. Now I'm 4 weeks along with #2, still nursing 22 month DD (who nurses for naps and several times throughout the night) and I'm starving constantly! The worst is when I eat a bedtime snack and then wake up hungry only three hours later!

Anyone else?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GracesMama View Post
With DD I ate more, but I wasn't necessarily hungry all the time. Now I'm 4 weeks along with #2, still nursing 22 month DD (who nurses for naps and several times throughout the night) and I'm starving constantly! The worst is when I eat a bedtime snack and then wake up hungry only three hours later!

Anyone else?
Oh totally!!! Im 17 weeks along and nursing an 18m/o, and in the early weeks it seemed I could never get full and even after eating a meal, would be hungry a few hours later. I would say its totally normal considering you are making milk and growing a baby at the same time, your body uses up all that energy pretty fast!
I just went with the flow, ate like crazy, and now it seems to have settled down actually, even lately, Ive been feeling full after only eating a little. I think of it bit like BF on demand,
, eating when I feel hungry, regardless of the time of day or wether I just ate 2 hours ago. I think its good to follow what your body says.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I am the same way. DS is 24 mos and nurses about the same as your little one. I am 10 weeks now and it seems to have tapered off a bit but in the beginning I was STARVING. I was so worried about how I was going to curb weight gain throughout the pregnancy.
Anyway, I am feeling a bit more normal now.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I was like this too. It's tapered off now but it was really strong in the second trimester for me. I would take a snack to bed with me so I wouldn't have to get up. I also ate right before sleeping. I did gain more than I wanted to this pregnancy. I'm sitting at about 35 pounds now at 33 weeks but I was hungry. I kept my milk supply up and I feel great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.