Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone -
I am a new Nuva Ring user - I had a Paragard IUD removed two months ago because it was the pits as far as cramping/bleeding. Used condoms (twice - they're such a mood killer) until the next period, when I began using Nuva Ring.
Three days after I inserted the first ring, we went ahead (no backup) and then again about two or three days before I was due to ovulate.
DP has recently agreed to possibly having more kiddos, and I am wondering if we are likely to have conceived this cycle, or is the ring effective pretty much right away?
I don't have a preference either way really - I'd be thrilled to be pg, but if I'm not, we'll keep using the ring until it's convenient to TTC.
Any guesses, or shall I just wait a bit and pee on a stick? I am due to remove the ring on Sunday.

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Well, everyone says that for hormonal birth control you're supposed to wait a month for it to kick in and stop ovulation, however I have *no* idea if that's a CYA thing by the manufacturers. Dh and I did have unprotected sex the first month using BCPs, but I have no idea if that was near ovulation.

ETA: AF usually showed up on the Thursday or Friday of the week without hormones for me. So don't be worried if AF doesn't show up right away on Sunday or Monday.

·
Registered
361 Posts
IT says in the insert that it is effective after seven days after you insert it. But it's still highly unlikely thta you are pregnant. The hormones not only suppress ovulation, they also make the cervical mucus impenitratal to sperm. Dont' worry too much.

I love my Nuvaring. No pms, short light periods. Just make sure it is behind your pubic bone when you insert it and you won't feel it at all. It's just awesome!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I think my body is the bc killer...my dd was concieved on NuvaRing I had been using the ring for 7 or 8 months when I got pg...but I do know some other ladies who have had great luck with it! I remember my doc telling me to use back up for at least a few weeks...maybe do a test???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.