Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are hoping to get a regular playgroup going for the NW Atlanta/Cobb/Cherokee county areas. Of course anyone is welcome, but we will try to choose locations that work for the NW corner of metro Atlanta.

I hope to encourage suggestions for times and locations in this thread and will plan on putting the details for each get together here.

Tentatively, we are planning these get togethers for every other Thursday. Details below!

Please join in with your ideas. Let's get together with the little ones and have fun!

Jenn
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We are meeting at the East Cobb Children's Museum at 10:00am on Thursday, Sept 25th.

Admission is $5 per person age 2 and up. The museum is located just a few minutes off of I-75, at Exit 263, so it's not too far for Atlanta/Roswell area moms. For more info and directions, here is the site:

http://www.cobbmuseum.com/

If you have any questions, or would like us too look out for you, drop me an email:

[email protected]

Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For our next playgroup, we are going to be meeting up at Laurel Park on Thursday, Oct 10th at 10:00am. Bring a picnic lunch for the kiddos. There is a great playground, a duck pond and a nice walking path if anyone is interested. Plus it is very shady.

Directions to Laurel Park: From I-75 take exit 265 (N. Marietta Pkwy.). Go West2.3 miles to Whitlock Ave. Turn right, go 1.3 miles to Manning Road, turn left, go 200 yards to the entrance to the park on your left.

Hope to see more MDC mommas from the Cobb/Cherokee/NW Atlanta area there!

Any questions? Email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are going to meet on Thursday, Nov 8th at the brand new East Cobb Park.

http://www.eastcobbpark.org

It is located approx 3 miles east of where the "loop" crosses over Roswell Road in Marietta.

Email me at [email protected] and let me know if you are coming, so I can look out for you. I ended up getting to Laurel Park late last time (had a last min Drs appt) and was not sure if there were any MDC mamas there, since no one told me they were coming. I did see a nursing toddler at one point, but did not have a chance to strike up a conversation.

Hope to meet some of you there this Thursday!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.