Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
interesting, but not so glowingly pro-intact....

According to the article the increase in intactness is not ONLY due to the latino population increasing.
And they managed to find one (converted) Jew circumcised by choice as an adult that thinks sex is better.
I wasn't aware there were so many comments coming out:

Quote:
This year alone, in books, online and in magazines, authors Neal Pollack, Sam Apple, Jonathan Safran Foer and Shalom Auslander have all fretted about doing to their sons what was done to them. The title of Auslander's memoir, scheduled for publication in October, is "Foreskin's Lament."f
And, of coure, in mentioning circumcision complications, it is not clarified that they only mean immediate complications, not longer term ones, even such as meatal stenosis (its just never mentioned, like in practically every other article).

Jessica

·
Registered
595 Posts
"Michael Young, a convert to Islam, had his infant son circumcised but did not undergo the procedure himself. "I'm very squeamish and hate the thought of it," he said."

How does he think his son feels?

:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverspook View Post
"Michael Young, a convert to Islam, had his infant son circumcised but did not undergo the procedure himself. "I'm very squeamish and hate the thought of it," he said."

:

that is exactly what i was going to post!!
:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverspook View Post

:

He's a coward and a hypocrite.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Quote:
Michael Young, a convert to Islam, had his infant son circumcised but did not undergo the procedure himself. "I'm very squeamish and hate the thought of it," he said.
Yup, we're all thinking the same thing here. Un f-ing believable. I don't even feed my kids food that I'm not willing to eat myself (like mashed up, unseasoned veggies...ick, but I'll eat them b/c I want my kids to.)

If an evil person kidnapped my kids and me and told us, "one of you is getting circumcised" I'd say, "me, me me...leave them ALONE"

·
Registered
635 Posts
Quote:
In November, the Oregon Supreme Court will rule on whether a convert to Judaism can force his 12-year-old son to undergo the procedure.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by christifav View Post
If an evil person kidnapped my kids and me and told us, "one of you is getting circumcised" I'd say, "me, me me...leave them ALONE"
Yeah, no kidding. Isn't that what ANY parent would do? I guess not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimie

Oh yeah, you hadn't heard about that? It's a big issue. So far, the father's winning...
:

http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcisi...fo/appeal.html

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mimie View Post
In November, the Oregon Supreme Court will rule on whether a convert to Judaism can force his 12-year-old son to undergo the procedure.

According to Jewish law, the answer should be "no" if the boy in question is old enough to voice his objection. In another year he'll be an adult in Jewish law and able to make his own religious decisions- including whether or not to convert at all.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mimie View Post

you can read more about it here. scroll down a bit to THE OREGONIAN.

eta~ posted at the same time as the others.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthla View Post
According to Jewish law, the answer should be "no" if the boy in question is old enough to voice his objection. In another year he'll be an adult in Jewish law and able to make his own religious decisions- including whether or not to convert at all.
Which I think makes it even more puzzling (besides the reports the boy said he does NOT want to be circumcised) that there are Jewish organizations that are backing up the father. but I suppose all that is bordering on religious discussion.

Jessica

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
That Oregon story is DISGUSTING. That father needs to be reminded that a major tenet of Judaism is to do no harm to others. AND there should be NO question if the boy is old enough to voice his own dissent.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.