Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,<br><br>
I am a new member to this board. I have not vaccinated my children and my son has received a religious exemption for the past 2 years at our local public elementary school. This year my son was accepted at one of the city-wide G+T schools and I had to resubmit my 'old' exemption letter. Last week I received a letter from Julia Sykes of the NYC Dept of Ed. stating that the document I submitted (a very brief 1 paragraph statement about why I do not have to vaccinate my children) was 'insufficient' to grant a religious exemption and that I had 10 days to submit additional documentation.<br><br>
I have read many of the threads relevant to NY exemptions, and have searched the NYC DOE web site for religious exemption appeals granted and denied in order to get a good idea of the type of language that is necessary to get a religious exemption granted (and what language NOT to use).<br><br>
Unfortunately, I am having great difficulty trying to find common language that the DOE 'recognizes' as fulfilling the 'genuine and sincerity' test. I have chosen to not vaccinate my children based on a rational risk analysis of the benefit or harm of individual vaccines - not on religious grounds.<br><br>
I would appreciate any guidance/ advice on this matter.<br><br>
Thanks,<br>
NYC_Parents

·
Registered
18,832 Posts
First thing would be to edit your post to remove all the information that might help someone figure out who you are in real life!<br><br>
Second thing would be to pretend that you are a sincerely religious person who believes that vaccines go against your deep beliefs and try to imagine what such a person would write.<br><br>
Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts