Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I'm wondering if any of the rules about a religious exemption have changed. As far as I know, I need to write a letter explaining my situation and this is all that is needed. My school nurse is giving me a hard time. First, they asked that my letter be notarized- okay, I can understand that. Then, they asked me to sign some form that was originally downloaded from muhammadspeaks.com (nothing official from the DOE is what I mean) and get that notarized. Okay, did that as well. Now, she gave me a form specifically for a MEDICAL exemption and she said my ped. has to fill it out- if it is not filled out, my son won't be able to attend school. There is no way my ped will fill it out, because he is not vaxed based on religious reasons, not medical.  My son went to a public pre-k program last year and I used the same letter with no problems. Do you think the school/nurse just doesn't know what they are doing, or am I missing something. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Tara<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
 </p>

·
Registered
174 Posts
<p>If it's a public school, they ought to accept a waiver without a problem.  I know that I didn't have any problems upstate a bit, just wrote out a religious waiver and brought it in.</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts