Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen people on numerous occasions mention that nylon is breathable (i.e. Alexis Featherlites, etc.). Is that true? How is that the case? Why aren't all covers nylon then (instead of PUL)?

We recently got an Alexis Featherlite pull-on cover. Works well, but not sure that it seems any more breathable than PUL to me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
From what I have been told nylon is more expensive and harder to get than pul. Bumkins covers and aios are nylon, basic connection pull on covers, and I know I have seen others. So I think its just as popular as pul. I think wahms use pul because its so easily accessible. As far as breathability, I do think they are pretty breathable. My bumkins aios and ds nighttime covers which are nylon tend to sweat, which to me says breathable. Michelle

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I doubted the breathability of nylon when I first tried it. You cannot breathe through it like you can fleece or wool. But, I must say that when Camden has worn a nylon pullon overnight, I can smell urine the next morning, just like I do when he wears wool. But, I cannot smell the urine when he wears PUL, even an Airflow.

So, I think it is a little breathable, but not near as much as wool.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.