Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we all know that PUL comes from a company called fabrite. That's no secret. But, what company manufactures the nylon for bumkins and how come we aren't able to get our hands on that to sew with? I've seen bumkins older than the hills that are still waterproof so I think it miht be a fun fabric to play with.

Anybody know the secret there? Jess?

Amber

·
Banned
2,018 Posts
Yes, I have a source, but it's freaking expensive. And though I had a few sources with the nylon fabric like Bumkins they didn't hold up as well. The one I have works really well but it's $10.00/yard and that's when you buy 5 yards. I quite like it though - I mean, people who don't like the silky feel of Bumkins won't like this stuff either but it works great.

Still looking though - I want to find a closer match, and somewhere that we can find or make prints. Trouble always is that when you make nylon prints you'll have to make 1000's of yards at a time (which is why Bumkins doesn't have a huge variety of prints and they keep the same prints for a long time).

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seeeeee.. I KNEW you were just hoarding it! shame on you!

*LOL*. Seriously though.. is that like $10 wholesale or retail? I wouldn't pay that wholesale, but I think I might pay that retail for a little here or there to play with. Does it only come in white?

I guess we'll just have to stick wtih PUL, but don't stop looking Jess! I know there are lots of us who would have a blast with something besides PUL and ultrex. I never did really figure out what it is that angel wraps uses inside her AIO's.. her site says coated taffeta?? Makes me curious.

Anyway! Thanks for the response.. very interesting stuff.

Amber

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
There's a site in canada, i believe, called wazoodles.com or wazoodle.com that sells something called procare and procare lite I believe this is supposed to be like the bumkins, and I believe it's only about five dollars a yard, and really wide. But dont quote me on that, I havnt been to the site for a long while. Im just now getting ready to start making my first diapers, and I've decided to start with fitteds and just do those for a while, till I get good, yk.

HTH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts