Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi EFMom - I'm wondering about a few things...doctors for kids (DO's, ND's or maybe a hip GP or Ped.), maybe a support group for moms/babies (we're due next month with #2) - if it were one I enjoyed, I'd gladly travel for it (we're in Delmar), and maybe some cool moms who a.p. Any ideas? We've been here just over two years, and I have made some friends through dd's school etc., but I really haven't met too many moms that I have much in common with (actually I have, but they also tend to be quite catholic - literally - which is tough for me). So... informed is completely relative, I guess! Sorry if that may have put you off. If you have any ideas, plse let me know! Thanks!! Andy

· Registered
322 Posts
I'm close to Albany.
A bit north of Amsterdam in the Sacandaga Lake area. (Amsterdam, Johnstown, Gloversville area) I'm a bit crunchy. I am preggo and due in March. I haven't found a very AP doc. Mine is main stream, but doesn't question my AP ways. (co-sleeping, extended BFing)
PM me if you'd like.

· Registered
443 Posts
I live in Delmar too! My Ped is very close in Slingerlands. He's been great so far with No-Vax. Every visit he asks me if I have any questions, I say no, and then "just for the record he notes that I am aware of the risk. No those who vax need to be on record as "being aware of the risks?"
I know this post was a while back, but PM me (anyone) if you like.

· Registered
344 Posts
Hi.

It looks like my Dh may get a job offer in the Albany area (Loudonville, actually). Can anyone offer advice about nice places to live, where the 'best' public schools are, if there's good stuff to do with children (we have two boys -- 5 and 2) and how to survive the cold!

Thanks for any advice. I'm terrified.

- paula

· Registered
1,909 Posts
Hi mamas,

We visit in Scotia about 6 times a year, for about a week each time. I'd love to keep up with you and maybe do a playdate while we are there. Maybe even go to the Children's Museum? I wish!!! we had one here - I love that place!

· Registered
635 Posts
Just found this thread. I'm also relocating to Albany.

gratefulmum- was wondering the name of you ped. near Slingerlands. I'm slowly gathering a list of names. I'm going to miss my ped. so much! Hoping to find a ped, pediatric np, or fp that I like as much.

Sistermama- I noticed that you babywear. Would love to get together with other babywearers. I'm worried I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb with my daughter in her wrap or pouch.

Melissa

· Registered
437 Posts
Hi Mamas

I am in Saratoga Springs, about 40 miles north of Albany. I would love to get together with others if anyone is interested.

I am not wholly satisfied with my ped. I wouldn't say that they are AP supportive, but two of the docs are quite respectful of my way of parenting and my healthcare choices. I try to see only them and avoid the rest. A good friend goes to an anthroposophical doc in Hudson or somewhere down there and she seems satisfied. They also have a doc in the area that they are very happy with. I can give the name if anyone wants.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.