Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a firestorm of criticism, News. Corp. said Monday that it has canceled the
O.J. Simpson book and television special "If I Did It."

"I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project," said Rupert Murdoch, News Corp. chairman. "We are sorry for any pain that his has caused the families of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061120/...t/peace_orgasm

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Yay! It's too bad that these folks didn't have the common sense not to do this in the first place, though.

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
The 1st tiem I saw the commercial for that... I don't even know what to call it, I looked at my dh and said, "Are you freakin' kiddin' me?"

I mean.. .WOW! Bad taste much?!?

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Wow. Thank goodness!!!

As the link doesn't work, I couldn't figure out whether or not the book was really cancelled as well.

I was hoping the book would come out and the Feds would use it as evidence to re-prosecute him under Federal law, which would allegedly circumvent the Jeopardy attached to the case.

·
Registered
19,139 Posts
If it has any value as evidence it doesn't have to be published and released for law enforcement to examine it. I doubt it will come to that, though.

That said... here's something that sucks: I bet he gets paid anyway.

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Yeah, that's what made me really angry. I told my husband because he wasn't convicted crimenally of crime he gets to PROFIT from anything he writes, says, does, in reference to the murders.

The book/interview is/was in poor taste. I hope he DID spill stuff that the feds can use against him! You know... never mind... I can't even articulate myself within the confines of the UA on this one!

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
He really disgusts me. When I was a kid, like what 12? I thought he was innocent and just being framed. I really held that he was innocent until about 3 or 4 years ago. I think he is disgusting now, and am happy this was cancelled. I hate that he makes money off of being a murderer. How can people believe in the death penalty as justice when slime like him walks free?
If he was poor, he would have been deathy penalty-ized by now.

·
Banned
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by darsmama View Post
He really disgusts me. When I was a kid, like what 12? I thought he was innocent and just being framed. I really held that he was innocent until about 3 or 4 years ago. I think he is disgusting now, and am happy this was cancelled. I hate that he makes money off of being a murderer. How can people believe in the death penalty as justice when slime like him walks free?
If he was poor, he would have been deathy penalty-ized by now.
I agree.

I remember a beautiful young black woman saying, when the verdict came out, "He may have killed her but she was killin' him with alimoney. There's two sides to every story."

:
:
:
:

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Delacroix View Post
I agree.

I remember a beautiful young black woman saying, when the verdict came out, "He may have killed her but she was killin' him with alimoney. There's two sides to every story."

:
:
:
:
Wow. Like what the hell did that have to do with the price of rice in China, you know? That someone could come to that conclusion is just...gawd. No words.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pynki View Post
Yeah, that's what made me really angry. I told my husband because he wasn't convicted crimenally of crime he gets to PROFIT from anything he writes, says, does, in reference to the murders.
Actually he owes the Brown/Goldman families something like $30 million after losing the civil case. Both families had said that they would go after any profits he made off this deal. I hope that they do get any money he has made...

This whole thing was just sick.

·
Banned
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Wow. Like what the hell did that have to do with the price of rice in China, you know? That someone could come to that conclusion is just...gawd. No words.

I know. I was so floored, and terribly saddened. Other women are incredibly important to me. I love and respect them. To hear another woman so flippantly dismiss the violent death of another.....

.....well, as you said, there are no words.

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
Quote:

I agree.

:
:
:
:

I bet the woman who said that was/is abused herself. Maybe she justified abuse because it's all she knows?

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Quote:

So has anyone ever seen the Chris Rock riff on '"I'm not saying he should have killed her, but I understand" to the cheers of his audience. It was the first and last time I watched a Chris Rock ANYTHING.

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
well yay to that!!!

and wow to this!
:

Quote:

I agree.

:
:
:
:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.